“Wrong steakhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We were told that this was the best place in Del Rio. My husband and I ordered the petite fillet medium rare. What we were served was more like a flank steak. They were about 1 inch thick with long grains of muscle with sinews, not the thick juicy, tender cut of a fillet. To make matters worse, mine was medium and my husband's was rare. When we complained to the waiter he just said, "Oh." Our dog enjoyed the steaks for two days! We left hungry and disgusted.

There are newer reviews for Manuel's Steakhouse

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I've eaten many steaks at many places, but without a doubt Manuel's has the best I've ever tasted. The salad was fresh and crisp. The honey mustard dressing was delicious! The baked potato was loaded with butter, sour cream, and cheese and was cooked perfectly. The service was very fast and very friendly.
I would highly recommend Manuel's!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We were a large party and service was typical for Del Rio - slow. However, the food was good. Really enjoyed the chalupas. Everyone else was pleased with the quality and the quantity of the food.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My wife is in the Air Force based here in Del Rio and we were very excited about all the Mexican food we were going to get to eat when we got here. Unfortunately most of the Mexican in Del Rio is quantity not quality. People go for places that serve lots of food rather than great food. Manuel's is the saving grace. This place is awesome. Their Tortilla chips are to die for and if you love Fajitas you will LOVE the Parrillada. It is a Beef, Chicken, and Pork Skin Fajita trio that never gets old. 3 People can eat off of the serving for 2 so I can only imagine how large the plate for 4 is. We get the Parrillada every time we go here so I can only vouch for it. If you love fajitas you will love the Parrillada.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My Dad and I visited Manuel's during a recent fishing trip to Lake Amistad. Another website gave it a high rating and several of the locals recommended it. I had the 18oz ribeye, and it was excellent. The price was very reasonable as well, about $23. The salsa and queso flameado was very tasty. Del Rio is a small town, and after driving around searching for a dinner spot we knew our choices were limited. That is why I'm glad Del Rio has a place like this with excellent food. We will definitely eat here again on out next trip.

1  Thank joexmas