“ITS THE SAUCE!”

Rudy's
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Saratoga, Wyoming
“ITS THE SAUCE!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My first experience with Texas BBQ. We were traveling on a family vacation...and I wanted to stop in the second I saw the sign! Fun place, nothing fancy, but you could totally tell that alot of people like this place, it was very busy. We got a sample of a few types of the meats, and enjoyed them all. The Turkey was a nice surprise! But hard to top the brisket. But the sauce is the reason to come, I loved it so much, we bought the biggest bottle they had to take home. I am out now, so I guess it is time for a ten hour drive back to San Antonio!!

• Visited July 2013

Pleasanton, Texas
“The Brisket & Jordan Rock!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

That's not completely fair...I had the ribs too, and they were awesome as well! My boyfriend and I come to Del Rio about twice a year, and CRAVE the Del Rio Rudy's YEAR AROUND! I have eaten at different Rudy's and NONE compare to the one in Del Rio! The brisket melts in your mouth! The service is always great but has NEVER been better than our last two visits (in the last 2 days), with Jordan as the person that helped us!! He is AMAZING! I hassled him for being too skinny, but he still went above and beyond to take care of us. HE even told the guy cutting my ribs to give me a meatier rib!!! This guy is Customer service as it should be!! Awesome job Jordan and great job Rudy's!!!

• Visited June 2014
Boerne, Texas
“Great for it's convenience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The sides don't compare to the prime rib sandwich. The prime rib sandwich was awesome but the peach cobbler wasn't as good as I remembered.

Visited May 2014
Nomad
“I'm a repeat customer for a reason”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have tried just about everything on the menu by now, always stop here when I pass through town: excellent food, friendly folks, you really can't go wrong. Unless you don't try it, then you're just making poor life choices. The toppings 'buffet' can be confusing for first-timers, but it's pretty standard bbq sides, and they usually spot newbies and explain the system. And hand washing is super easy, no door-touching required!

• Visited April 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Turkey Sandwich I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Rudy's is a great surprise. It's a gas station and a cool restaurant; very unique. The decor is relaxed country....red barn like building with picnic tables and a screened in poach inside. Staff is super friendly. I've been in twice, once last October and again last week. Each time I was greeted then the concept and menu explained. The anchor of the menu is roasted meat....pork, turkey, and beef. You can get meat alone or in sandwiches. Old fashion sides like creamed corn and potato salad are available as well as a variety of chips. You pick up drinks from an iced filled cooler and sides and desserts from a grocery store like shelf, then order the main from a counter. You pay at the counter after you ordering. Once food is ready, you go to a fixing type bar. Seating at picnic tables is causal and family style. Roast meat is excellent. Both visits I ordered the turkey sandwich. Got to say it was the best turkey sandwich I've ever eaten......moist, tender and flavorful. I was a bit disappointed in the creamed corn and chess pie on the first visit so I stuck to a sandwich and chips on the second visit last week. The sandwich did not disappoint. It was just as memorable on the second trip. The best turkey sandwich I've ever eaten. I end up in Del Rio for business two or three times a year. Glad I found Rudy's. It beats fast food and chain restaurants. I'll certainly stop in on my next trip.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!