“Clean, comfortable rooms”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Austin, Texas
“Clean, comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice in the last several months while visiting family in Del Rio. The fitness room is small, but adequate. Breakfast is good with many choices. Rooms are updated and comfortable. We used to stay at the La Quinta, but decided to make a change to this more updated but reasonably priced alternative.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JDKAC
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi JDKAC,

We appreciate your generous review and certainly are grateful for your loyalty. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and making us your lodging of choice when in Del Rio. We look forward to be of service to you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor for three nights. The room was very clean and comfortably furnished including a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel features a complimentary hot breakfast which was decent. They have a pancake machine which was pretty cool. The fitness center had a decent choice of cardiovascular equipment. CONS: The room faced the main street and was relatively quiet with the exception of being able to hear an extremely loud snorer in the adjoining room on night. The huge con is the WiFi which is worse than dial-up on a bad day. I had a lot of work to do including WebEx and that was completely impossible on their network. I tried on my Kindle and had no quicker connection.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Jennk1975,

I want to thank you for sharing the finer points of your stay and the inconvenient ones such as our internet service. Your comments are important to us and we are going to improve upon them. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to get your business done as you had expected to. We are currently auditing our internet service and will be making necessary upgrades to the service to make it more reliable and dependable.
I will be sharing your comments with our service provider so they too are aware of the inconvenience this is having on our guests.

On behalf of my team, I want to again thank you for your business and for your kind review. Our goal is to always provide the best experience possible and we aim to do so. We hope for another opportunity to be of service to you.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

For a quiet comfortable stay it's hard to beat this hotel. Located off the main street in Del Rio, it's very quiet and convenient to many restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful with directions should you need them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Robert C,

We want to thank you for your kind and pleasant review regarding your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our staff who will be very happy to know that we met your expectations.

We certainly hope to be of service again should your travels return you to Del Rio.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Arrived here to one of the best holiday inns we have stayed in. Staff very friendly and helpful, the room was large, well equipped and very quiet and above all exceedingly clean. The bed was very comfortable as we're the pillows. The breakfast was the usual fare and did include fresh fruit with plenty of choice. The hotel comes highly recommended

Room Tip: You can walk to nearby Applebee's for dinner if you so wish, just across the car park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bonnieone55
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi bonnieone55,

Thank you for your most kind and generous review of your stay with us! Our team could not be more pleased to know that we met your expectations and are worthy of your recommendation. We are ultimately committed to the satisfaction of valued guests such as yourself. Thank you again for your kind words, and we remain ready to be of service again should your travels bring you back to Del Rio, Texas.
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the best hotel in Del Rio! Big clean rooms, great breakfast, wonderful exercise room. The manager here is one of the best I've met in all my travels. The rest of the staff friendly and helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Deborrah S,

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing them on Trip Advisor! Our team is extremely pleased that you stay with us was a pleasant one. We happily look forward to being of service to you again soon.
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I've stayed at many HIE properties and this was one of my least favorite.
These are are issues I experience during my two week stay:
*Hot tub(broken for at least two weeks)
*Treadmill ( they have one and it too was broken for at least two weeks)
*Room lighting is inadequate, one lamp had a burned bulb, I changed it still didn't help much.
*Walls are paper thin don't expect much sleep if your neighbor snores or watches tv all night!
*No towels by the pool.
*Usually no fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet, (they put out the bare minimum.
*The internet connection is horrible!!!
I even used the wired LAN connection in the room and it was still incredibly slow or sometimes didn't work at all and this was on two different laptops.
I have come to depend on a decent internet connection while traveling and this hotel just didn't cut it.
The staff was friendly enough but it seems that they just don't want to spend the money to fix these issues.
No compensation offered even though I complained several times to the staff on these issues.

Room Tip: Maybe the LaQunita in town is better?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello Motohawk57,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Your comments will be addressed with our staff to improve upon and remedy immediately. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us.

Thank you again for your review.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Recently stayed for 3 days and was disappointed. Don't get me wrong - the facility is well maintained and the staff is Excellent. But the breakfast choices all come out of a box. No fresh food or fresh fruit available. Most hotels at least have apples and bananas. Also, no desk. I was there on business and this made my stay somewhat uncomfortable due to having to work with my laptop on my lap or bent over sitting on the bed.

Room Tip: I didn't care for mine - 426
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TommyZapata, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi KathieT35,

We want to thank you for your business and for sharing your honest comments regarding your stay with us. We're very sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with our Breakfast department regarding the availability, freshness, and stock of items and have taken measures to ensure that breakfast items are always readily available.
I have also addressed the workspace and the size of the desk in the room with our Maintenance department and are exploring options for a wider workspace in our two bed guestrooms.
Thank you again for being our valued guest. Your comments are very important to us and we will use them to continue to improve on our services. We certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.