“Not happy with level of cleanliness.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Del Rio

Motel 6 Del Rio
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Pescadero, California
“Not happy with level of cleanliness.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I havent stayed with motel 6 in a while, so it was nice to experience the new upgrades in their look and in their rooms. I like the new look. Unfortunately, my room was not clean. There is no excuse for this. Either your cleaning crew clean or they do not. But either way, I wonder if their is any sort of nightly or daily quality control. Review the product to ensure standards are met.
I was disappointed in the room.
And, I can't remember if it's always been the case at motel 6, but there was no shampoo in the bathroom either. Now maybe this is a new policy, I can't remember, but, to me, that seems as basic a staple to any room as towels, pillows, fridged or tvs. It struck me as cheap.

So, cleanliness was my problem here.
On the plus side, the modern look to motel 6 is really cool and refreshing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
melissa g, General Manager at Motel 6 Del Rio, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Del Rio. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therfore your feedback is very important to us. We are taking the appropriate measure to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Melissa Gonzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Of all the motels I stayed in Motel 6 seems to be improving because of their nationwide renovations. This motel 6 doesn't seem from the outside but on the inside is updated bedrooms furniture in everything is new in ceiling to the floor just like all the others have been . My favorite renovation is this 1 because of the shower. The only problem with this Motel 6 was that when it comes to internet the staff and management don't really care to make sure it's working for all of their their guests. We we're moved from 1 room to another 1 and in the previous room we could get internet but they basically told us it's just are bad luck that we can get it in our new room. They could have also done a better job on the faucets also.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank patsat74
melissa g, Manager at Motel 6 Del Rio, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear customer,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at M6 Del Rio, TX. It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feed back. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff. At M6 we strive to continously improve the quality of our service. We are working to improve our WIFI access.

Thank you again, and we hope your next visit will be a pleasant one.

Melissa Gonzalez-GM
Uvalde, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Del Rio, Texas on September 20, 2013. I had read all of the negative reviews and I do not agree with them. First of all, the motel has undergone a recent remodeling, though I had stayed in this same motel two years ago and had no problems whatsoever with it. In this most recent stay, everything was clean in the room and in good repair, everything was stocked, the bed was comfortable. I checked for things such as bedbugs and spiders and found absolutely nothing. The check in was quick and efficient and the desk clerk was very congenial. This motel is across the street from Plaza del Sol Mall and is close to everything. People have been giving this motel, and Motel 6 in general, negative reviews because it does not provide things such as shampoo, hair dryers, alarm clocks or free and full breakfasts, but these people obviously do not understand what a budget motel is. If the motel offered all of these things, it would not be a budget motel because these things cost money. People also bad mouth Motel 6 because of the internet card that has to be purchased. When I travel, I really do not care about spending my entire stay in front of a computer because my prerogative is to see the sights and explore and just have a good time. If you are a business traveler and internet is a must, there are other motels that can be visited. This motel is clean and safe and provides with a place to spend the night, which is what motels were designed to do. I have seen a few Motel 6's that are trashy and rundown and I will not stay at those particular properties, but the Motel 6 in Del Rio is not trashy and rundown. I have stayed there twice and will do so again in the future.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms in which you can park parallel to your room, just a few feet from the door, wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brushcountrydweller
melissa g, Manager at Motel 6 Del Rio, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel6 Del Rio, TX. It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback. Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our staff, as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Melissa Gonzalez-GM
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Let me give you an idea on what I do right before I settle in on all my hotel/motel stays. When I enter my room I inspect and take photographs to show viewers on this site on my experience. I had stayed here for one night and I'm glad is was only for one night. This motel doesn't meet your basic expectations. Sheets were dirty as you can see by the photograph. In the restroom the toilet paper was almost completely gone. The beds were really uncomfortable and didn't enjoy my stay at all. I had low expectations for this motel and even then they weren't met. If you just need a quick stay and you really want to save money, then this is the place.

Room Tip: Inspect the entire room before you settle in.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank superdave247
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We strive for excellent service, therefore your feedback is important as it enables us to improve our service.

Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Del Rio hotels

Minters Chapel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is an older motel but is well located. Fixtures and furnishings have not been updated. Toilet ran all night. I believe this property belonged to a different chain at some point, as it did not look like a motel 6.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool area which minimized traffic noise, but we couldn't park the bikes in fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed thef irst weekend so April. As a fellow hotel employ but from a different company,, front desk were very friendly, rooms very bad, bed sheets dirty, toe nail clippings on and between the sheets, even though it was a smoking room cigarettes in the toilet and sink, housekeeping didn't even take the time or even make an effort to clean or detail the room, I will definitely NOT be back and will let my friends and co works know about motel 6 house upkeeping

• Stayed April 2013
Eldorado, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

My wife and I have been staying here for the last few months on our trips to Del Rio. The motel has been remodeled and the rooms are nicer than before and have new flat screen T.v's. We can't complain about customer service at check in, however this weekend we stayed here two nights and the maintenance girl didn't get around to cleaning our room until 6pm. We understood that they were swamped being a weekend and told here we'd make our own beds. The real problem here is the internet is very slow. Surfing the net is fine and so is facebook, it's just when you want to watch youtube videos, the videos won't load. It's really slow. If you want good internet speed look else where.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family