“Pleasantly surprised”

Chinto's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We'll, I wasn't expecting much when we came here for dinner.. Kinda had this cafe/ diner appearance that didn't scream good food. I ordered the chips and guacamole, and chile relleno, the Hubbs got fish tacos, and the child got the enchiladas. Everything tasted and looked really fresh. The rice was moist, the guacamole was flavorful and chunky, the relleno was very tasty, tacos were well done, and even the enchilada had some nice flavor to it. I have to say this is the best food I've found in town yet. Glad we decided to give this a shot. We'll be back

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I ordered the enchilada suiza, oh my!!! The cheese was great, the rice and beans are delicious. I normally don't care for the rice and beans but this time, out-of this world

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Now they have wings, beer and fried jalapeno's... Jr. makes this special Tex-Mex rub for the wings that is just plainly outstanding. Ohh, and they are not the micro-sized wings you would see at other places.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Breakfast taco's don"t get any better than Chinto's! If you walk up on the line out the door it is worth it trust me! They have a breakfast taco that is deep fried and to die for. Trust me you will not be sorry! Soda's are in a can which kind of sucks but you get over it once you take your first bite. They also have an amazing green sauce. I have had better chips and salsa but they still score a 3.5 out of 5.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My wife, kids and I went there this morning and the whole place was a big mess. It was only 11 am and the place was already a wreck, yes they had several customers, but there were a few empty tables, which hadn't been cleaned off. It seemed like no one was in a hurry to clean the tables and pick up the dirty plates etc. No one ever greeted us and we didn't know if we were supposed to wait to be seated or seat ourselves. So we ended up seating ourselves at one of the dirty tables and waited and waited and no one ever bothered coming to attend to us. There was a sign at the counter that said to order there, however some people were given menus, but we were just ignored. Finally my wife walked up to the counter to order the famous Chinto's caldo de rez(mexican beef stew), which is why we even went there in the first place, because all the locals seem to brag about it, and my wife was told that they weren't making any caldo de rez today. All this for nothing! This place is really small and pretty crowed and confusing. Service is terrible and unless the waitresses feel you're important they won't go out of their way to come to you. We ended up walking out and no one even noticed. We had our lunch at The Hacienda Restaurant in downtown Del Rio, which is my favorite Mexican buffet in town and ate all the caldo de rez I wanted in the buffet for under 8 bucks. Chinto's is overated and a mess! Never going back!!!