“you can't fool a real mexican to eat "fake" tasting mexican food..wine maragaritas? really?”
Review of Memo's Restaurant

Memo's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm a foodie but always willing to give a restaurant a second chance. I ate at this rest about 10 years ago, and had a bad experience, felt enough time had passed and went again. The chicken in the enchiladas tasted like they use canned tuna or canned chicken and the texture was like that too. The sauce is obvioulsy from a can, and not made from scratch as it should be. The chips and "salsa" they bring out might as well be called "cold tomato soup" with chips. The flavor is bland and there is not thick enough to stay on the chip. I say a good mexican restaurant is defined by it basics: rice, beans and salsa. All of these here are bland and typical. Our waitress came and checked on us once in the entire 1 hr we were there and forgot to refill our drinks. And wine margaritas? really? that's an oxymoron, but we went ahead and asked the waitress what wine is used to make them and she "didn't know". A gimmick to help you forget the bad food you are eating. I won't go back to eat there and I'm a local.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 448MariaH448

Seabrook, Texas
“Ok food, slow service. No liquor.”
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Genuine place, but nothing above average although the Tortillas are very good, and freshly made.
"Wine-margaritas" can never score high with me, and the service is friendly but slow.
Altogether very doubtful we will return.

1 Thank Joxarn
Houston, Texas
“Best Mexican Food in Town!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is by far our favorite restaurant in Del Rio. It is classic Tex Mex, and has been owned and operated by the Calderon family since the 1930s. There is a great view of the San Felipe Creek and all of the activity along it, and the kids love going outside and playing along the creek. Our family has been coming here since I was a kid (over 40 years), and now my kids love it. On some nights, there is fantastic live music. This place is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited January 2013