“Pretty view, peaceful experience”
Review of Memo's Restaurant

Memo's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch with friends, and the view of the San Felipe is very pretty, and our lunch was delicious. Not a fancy place, but obviously had a history. I understand about liquor licenses, and am not offended by a wine margarita, and there is always cold beer! My husband and I shared nachos with fajita steak, and they were really tasty.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Supposedly this place has been here a long time (and it looked like that on the inside) and I chose to bring a few friends that were in town to it because the other places I wanted to go were closed (it was a Monday).

We walked in and were told to sit wherever we wanted. The place had only one other table being used. After we sat down a few other parties came in. What surprised me was there was only one server for the entire restaurant and she was swamped! I ordered the combo fajitas and they were really good actually. The tortillas were great and the meat was nicely seasoned. The salsa that comes free with chips was watery. Not in taste (it was flavorful and spicy) but had 0 chunks. The guacamole that came with my fajitas was blandy and mushy. I like guacamole that you can see whole bits of avocado and other bits, not just a pureed avocado. My wife's tacos looked good and she said they were tasty. One friends food looked like a plate of generic re-fried beans/Spanish rice/ smothered in cheddar cheese. Since there are so many Mexican restaurants here I'll likely try another one next time.

I would eat those tortillas and fajitas any day, service and other food let me down.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Fair Mexican food, friendly service and honest pricing : good place to eat in Del Rio.
Despite being there at the same tima as a 30 people group, we were served quite quickly.
And if you have a table by the windows, there's a nice view on the San Felipe Creek

1  Thank llagonne66
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm a foodie but always willing to give a restaurant a second chance. I ate at this rest about 10 years ago, and had a bad experience, felt enough time had passed and went again. The chicken in the enchiladas tasted like they use canned tuna or canned chicken and the texture was like that too. The sauce is obvioulsy from a can, and not made from scratch as it should be. The chips and "salsa" they bring out might as well be called "cold tomato soup" with chips. The flavor is bland and there is not thick enough to stay on the chip. I say a good mexican restaurant is defined by it basics: rice, beans and salsa. All of these here are bland and typical. Our waitress came and checked on us once in the entire 1 hr we were there and forgot to refill our drinks. And wine margaritas? really? that's an oxymoron, but we went ahead and asked the waitress what wine is used to make them and she "didn't know". A gimmick to help you forget the bad food you are eating. I won't go back to eat there and I'm a local.

1  Thank 448MariaH448
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Genuine place, but nothing above average although the Tortillas are very good, and freshly made.
"Wine-margaritas" can never score high with me, and the service is friendly but slow.
Altogether very doubtful we will return.

1  Thank Joxarn