“Do you always get what you pay for?”
Review of Sirloin Stockade

Sirloin Stockade
Ranked #31 of 83 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The original Sirloin Stockade steakhouse and buffet concept has been satisfying guests since 1966. Today Sirloin Stockade offers an all-you-can-eat hot and cold buffet which includes hot entrees, vegetables and salads. The full-service bakery offers fresh rolls, pies, cakes and soft serve ice cream with a variety of toppings. Sirloin Stockade still provides guests good food at a great value!
Reviewed 12 March 2014

$25 for two (we had tea) at an all-you-can-eat...Steak was flavorless, sides were over-cooked. desserts were exhausted. The salad bar was good, but worth $25? The service was excellent - that wait-staff did a great job.

Sophia C, Manager at Sirloin Stockade, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Although we are disappointed your recent visit didn't meet your expectations, we wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review to provide us with such valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear the food was not up to par, but thrilled our staff provided great service. Despite your most recent experience, we hope you visit us again to provide us another chance to change your mind. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have eaten at this buffet in Del Rio many times in the past twenty years. The buffet food was always good with many food choices, a clean business, with great serves.If people want a true Steakhouse, then go to a fancy one and pay double the price.This is an excellent place to get good food, in a nice setting,and at a good price.

Thank you for not only taking the time to post your review, but for your patronage over the last 20 years. We strive to provide great food and service to our guests and are thrilled to have repeatedly met your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and the steak was tuff.
All the food was good but the steak was tuff and had no flavor.
Price value is fair .

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My only complaint is even if there is steak on the buffet bar and I want to order my own steak (and not wait in buffet line and keep coming back until my well done is done w/o getting taken by someone else) then I should be able to order steak without a buffet even on the weekend. Other than that good buffet choices that taste good. Love love love the bread/rolls :)

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This is not a steak house. It is a buffet of horrors. Here's why I say this: i go in, i pay, i see it's buffet, i think okay, i grab a plate and select fajita meat with onions and rice and salsa, i sit down, a server brings my beverage, i take a bite of the meat and it has a very strange flavor. that's because the meat is LIVER and it is liver and onions - NOT FAJITA meat. I thought I selected the only items that looked as though they had not come out of a can or were somewhat not fried. I look around and see that some folks are eating (maybe out on a day pass?) while others are murmuring about the bad food. So, I finish the rice, cover my plate and leave the poor server a couple of bucks. (I heard her say that she doesn't eat the food either). The Whataburger down the block is pretty darn good. Go there.

Been to Sirloin Stockade? Share your experiences!