“Let Down”

Hot Pit Bar B Q
Ranked #54 of 82 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Sorry folks, was let down by most of the other reviews. BBQ sauce had a strong vinegar taste e.i. like Carolina BBQ. Brisket was not very smokey, rather tough, and had much fat. The Turkey also had very little smokey flavor and was a bit dry. Sausage was subpar but wife said ribs were not bad. Wish beans had had more flavor. The service was very good and they gave military discount but I would not recommend this a TX BBQ.

1  Thank grantbagpiper
There are newer reviews for Hot Pit Bar B Q

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It's not KC BBQ but it certainly does outshine the other local BBQ's that we have eaten at. The atmosphere is downplayed even for a BBQ and we all know that these places are noted for their "down home" atmosphere. Well Hot Pit is really "down home" but the product is flavorful and not ridiculous in price as are many BBQs these days. We normally get take out so the overall appearance of the place does not bother us. We'ss keep going!

1  Thank dnola
Reviewed 2 December 2011

If you want to know what Del Rio is like try this place. Very clean on the inside. Locals tell me the quite (soup Nazi) atmosphere is something they remember from when hey were kids. They still mind their manners too, lol! The only thing I didn't care for was the Cole Slaw, grassy is the term I would use for it, otherwise don't miss it

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I don't like beef BBQ but this is a favorite place!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 3 October 2007

I love the Hot Pit. I grew up in Del Rio so I have eaten there all my life. I moved to San Antonio and went to NUMEROUS BBQ restaurants only to be sorely disappointed. I even went to the ones voted "best BBQ in San Antonio" but they couldn't hold a candle to the HOT PIT. The HOT PIT owners' no nonsense approach really makes it exceptional. PLUS, it's really clean- a huge plus in my book.

2  Thank deewir