“Disgust...”

Del Rio Executive Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room looked okay. We left to bring our dinner back into the room. Within 5 minutes, 4 huge cockroaches were coming out of the walls. We told management who offered us a different room. We did not take any food into the room. Again, it seemed ok. However, I could not sleep the rest of the night...paranoia! It was a nightmare. Wont stay again.

Room Tip: The free breakfast is: coffee, hot water (no tea), cereal, and waffle if you ask for it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Browie
There are newer reviews for Del Rio Executive Inn

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times for State Baseball Tournaments and have always liked the friendly and helpful staff. They were remodeling the outdoor pool this year but the boys enjoyed the small indoor pool during our short stay. They have always given each of our rooms 1 or 2 tickets for free breakfasts in their Resturant which has a great menu reasonably priced. They have someone to cook eggs, waffles, omlets, etc to your liking.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2012

If you decide to stay here, do not pre-pay (e.g. via a third party such as Expedia) as the management will not honor refunds. That way, you can decide for yourself if you want to stay or not. It would probably be a good idea to see a room first. This place is very shabby and tired looking, inside and out. I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone under any circumstance.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My head and feet felt like they were lower than my middle. Sheets had hair and were gritty and thin. Bathtub had hair in it.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Quiltlady0000
rubenreyes, Manager at Del Rio Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have met with my staff, and have taken steps to make sure that this never happens again. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true menaing of customer service.

Nick

Reviewed 25 September 2010

The room was large and comfortable, with a king size bed, plenty of lights, and reasonably large bathroom. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drvon

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that you return soon. We enjoyed having you as a guest as much as you enjoyed stay with us.

Nick

Reviewed 30 August 2008

The stay in the hotel was fine until about 11 months after. I received a letter from an attorney in FL who had reported to the credit bureau that I stayed there 4 days and left without paying. He also said that Executive Inn Del Rio was suing me. I called the owner of EIDR and he said that HE did not get his money from American Express. We had another person in our group in another room that paid with Visa. The very same thing happened to him. Do you really think they'd let us stay there 4 days without paying? I asked if HE did not receive his money from the credit cards, maybe he may have employee theft but it was NOT my fault. I sent a copy of my receipt and my credit card statement via fax to get them to stop. I've even written the Chamber to try to get help to no avail. This hunt, we will be staying somewhere else lest we have to pay twice. No thanks!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jumpmasterpfc
Reviewed 6 May 2007

Ok first thing that happened was the rooms were $69 a night and on their website it said they take AAA , well they don't, We booked 3 rooms due to our big party of 10, in one of the rooms we booked was smoking and a King size bed, when I called to make reservations they said that the smoking room only had a King size bed not a double but did have a fold out couch when we arrived and got into the smoking room - no fold out couch, I went and talked to the owner which is from India and you can't hrdly understand him, he said that it didn't come with a fold out and started yelling and being argumentative with me and stated " If you are not happy then you can leave" Well we couldn't because every where else was booked solid because of Cinco De Mayo, So we put a pallet on the floor for one of our kids. That night we wanted to go swimming the lady at the front desk said that the pool closed around midnight and the owner came out and said it closed at 9:30 pm. So we got out. The next morning we went for breakfast they offer, it was toast, cereal, and make your own waffles, the waffle maker was cool, but the butter was in a tub community not individuals along with the jelly, milk, syrup, and oj. That night a man staying next to one of our rooms told the owner that his a/c unit wasn't working and asked for another room, the owner told him no and if he didn't like it he could leave as well. In one of the rooms there was an attic and my brother in law was exploring and found a pair of shorts with cigs. up there maybe someone left? He also found a condom in their drawer. In my room there was a leak in the ceiling and they patched it up and the beds were hard and some of the pillows was fluffy and new and some were old nasty and the thickness of cardboard all without pillow protectors. I advise not going to this motel

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank mslewc