“Disappointed”

Brumley's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Greeneville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brumley's Restaurant is located inside the General Morgan Inn, but I would like to provide a review of the restaurant - apart from the hotel. Some visitors to Greeneville might miss Brumley's if they aren't guests at the General Morgan Inn.
somewhere in kentucky
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The only thing that was good was the meat. The side dishes were cold to warm. Service was very good. But for the food quality I was disappointed. It was my birthday. I was looking so forward to a great dinner.

• Visited May 2014

Smyrna Tn
“Beautiful Resturant Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The resturant is located in The General Morgan Inn. So it has a very nice appearence. But it's pricy we got a salad and the eggrolls. Along with 3 vegestables. It came up to 51.00. If you are loking for romantic this is is the place. But not a budget resturant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank John J
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Love the location, the food is average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Recently took a group of friends to the Brumley...the service was odd, the dining room was not full...but they held us at the front desk to make sure they had a table available...and we had reservations. The food choices seemed exotic for a local restaurant...but the quality was just not up to speed with the menu description. I would go again...if just for the ambience.

• Visited February 2014
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
“Beautiful restaurant inside a lovely historic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The kids and I recently met up with my bro and his wife in Greeneville for lunch. They were vacationing in Hot Springs, NC from Florida, so we met halfway. Greeneville looked small from what I could see, but promising. I chose Brumley's Restaurant based on the reviews I read. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is beautiful. You enter the lobby, and the restaurant is right off the main entrance. We went on a weekend for lunch. It was slow, but steady. Our server was friendly and informative. Service was a tad slow, based on the number of other tables, but not unbearable. I had the short rib french dip. It was tasty and tender, although a little fatty. Everyone else said their food was delicious. I was sad I didn't order the grilled pimento cheese and bacon. My sis-in-law got it and said it was yum. The only disappointment was the dessert. We ordered the Jack and Coke cake to split. It sounded so delectable, but was a little dry. I was thinking of the Coke cake at Cracker Barrel, which I think is one of the best. This didn't come close. Besides that, we had an enjoyable lunch. A lovely way to spend the afternoon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lisa S
Atlanta, Georgia
“A hotel restaurant you will actually enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

This is tops for a reason in Greenville. This is first class with
Excellent service and food. I enjoyed my meal and would come back again if in town. If you are visiting and want a fine dining experience this is the place.

• Visited January 2014