“They need a new ISP”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“They need a new ISP”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

These days, fast, dependable, wireless Internet is as essential to a hotel as a good mattress. A hotel of average to decent quality that charges $85+ per night should know this, but I didn't get that impression from this Jameson.

I needed to get a couple of hours of work done the night I stayed but the Internet went from modem speed to nothing at all in about 30 minutes and stayed that way for the rest of the night. I went to the front desk and asked the clerk if this happened very often and she said they did have trouble with their I-net. She handed me a little plastic box with a small antennae on it and said it might help. I had to sign a piece of paper that said if I stole the box I would be dinged for $150. The box looked to be worth about five bucks and after plugging it into my PC, it did absolutely nothing. She warned me in advance of this.

So I took it back and asked to to reset the router because now the network was down too. In the end nothing effective was done and the night was a write off. The next morning I told my story at checkout and the clerk said I should have called the ISP using the number on a plastic card on the desk. There was no plastic card but more importantly, if this sort of thing is common, THEY should call the ISP and get it fixed immediately. If it happens often, they should find a new ISP provider.

I asked for a discount from my rate but the clerk said she would have to wait to speak to the manager because I had prepaid Expedia and not them directly. I called the manager later in the day and she said she could have a one night stay coupon mailed to my home address but couldn't refund any portion of the bill because I hadn't paid them directly.

If you've gotten this far, you now have an idea of how frustrating and futile the whole thing was. The hotel was average in it's class: hard mattress but good sleep, old square TV, tiny microwave balanced atop a large bar fridge right beside the bed - the usual for a $65 hotel except that they charged $85. But because of the I-net fiasco, I doubt I'll stay at a Jameson again because they don't take professionalism seriously.

We'll see if they send the coupon and I will post another review if/when I try them a second time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen A
, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet outage during your stay with us. Your compensation is being mailed to you today. I also would like to let you know that we are in the process of some minor renovations in which we are installing new 37" flat screen televisions in all of our Jameson Inns. We hope that you choose to stay with us again as we value all of our guests and strive to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Lisa Douthat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
england
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 21 June to 3rd July 2012. We got a fantastic rate. The hotel was nice and clean. The rooms were very nice, the A/C worked well and it was cleaned well everyday. The breakfast was good, if a little limited. The pool was clean and very nice. There are also lots of spare towels. The staff were as friendly and as helpful as can be. If i have one complaint, that is there are not not enough hangers in the wardrobes...but that's not the worst thing ever is it....!!!!!? Just as a finish....Thank you everybody at the Jameson Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EnglandJason
, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words and great review. We are very please to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn of Greeneville.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed for 8 days in May while attending graduation in a nearby College. We had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. The hotel has a few restaurants close by and would be great for an overnight stay if just passing through, although the pool makes it a great place to stay and relax for longer.This was our fourth visit and we have always been pleased with the standard of the hotel. From experience we know the staff are more than happy to ensure your stay is comfortable. Overall a good value for money hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mckeeverj
jamgvtn, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your time with us and will continue to make Jameson Inn of Greeneville your "home away from home".

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

New Orleans
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Very old, over priced, dirty, a/c didn't work, oh and check out was at 11:00 am and they mean it!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
jamgvtn, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We take pride in our hotel and want our guests to have the best experience possible. Had I been aware that there were any issues with your stay I would have been more than happy to correct them right away. Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn and I hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Hotel is clean. My chief complaint is being given a non-smoking room on the smoking floor. They were full so no change could be made. A friend who is a smoker said her room had too strong of an smell. We had to stuff plastics bag under door to keep out the smoke. King size bed was very hard.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
jamgvtn, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to provide the best accomodations for our guests. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are taking steps to improve the deodorization of smoking rooms and the smoking floor hallway. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The hotel met our family needs-clean, good location, excellent pool for children.

Free breakfast was average.

Beds were very small.

• Stayed July 2011
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize that our breakfast didn't quite meet your expectations. If you would like to send a special request for certain breakfast items prior to your next stay with us we will do our very best to fulfill those requests for you.
Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn of Greeneville and we hope to see you again in the future.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 December 2010

my company has been staying with jameson in greeneville tn on and off for 17 months,
im completely happy withh all my stays at the jameson and would recomend stay to all and everyone that would stay in greeneville tn. i consider this my home away from home. the staff is friendly and great.... thanks merry xmass

backer construction

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
Hampton Inn Greeneville
Country Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Jonesborough
Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville

Been to Quality Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!