“I expected more for the price.”

Quality Inn Greenville
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
“I expected more for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Check In attendant was pleasant. Over priced considering they claim to have given us a disabled veteran discount. My daughter compared a nicer room on the third floor as more roomy than mine on the first floor, which had an odd shaped corner bathroom. The entry door into my room was nearly perpendicular to the bath (tub/toilet) room door on one side and the vanity on the other, which often caused collisions. No mirror in bathroom. Noisy hallway. The mini-frig was inside of a cabinet whose door opened from the opposite side compared to the frig., which proved to be annoying. The bed was moderately hard. Not a good mattress. Average breakfast bar. View of the parking lot with the pool just beyond. Workout room was on the other side of the pool. Often, there was no attendant at the front desk. The Check Out attendant was not as pleasant as the previous.

Room Tip: One third floor room proved to be roomier/nicer than a first floor room for the same price.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
LDouthat, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to make every stay perfect for every guest. I apologize that we were unable to provide that for you as it is our commitment to do so.

The room you are referring to on the third floor is our mini suite. It is larger than our standard rooms and also has an increased rate. We were happy to upgrade your daughter to that room in order to accomodate her request for 2 beds.

Also, we recently added more items to our breakfast, such as scrambled eggs and sausage links.

I hope that you choose to stay with us in the future and give us another chance to provide you a great stay.

Lisa Douthat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice building, friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, hot water plentiful, located behind a Fatz Cafe. Lousy wifi- no signal in the room, HOT part of breakfast limited to biscuits and gravy, waffles.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HSTAsam
Thank you for the review of our property. Since your stay we have extended our breakfast selection to include scrambled eggs and sausage. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet connection. Our guests are important to us and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

we've stayed in the Jameson many times while in Greeneville and are pleased normal service continues in the now Quality Inn. same friendly, helpful staff, same super clean hotel and relaxing stay. always a great hotel to stop at for an overnight or like us for a longer stay. pool and close by restaurants make it a great location while in Greeneville. already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mr. & Mrs. McKeever,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such excellent comments regarding our property and for being loyal, repeat guests. I will be sure to share them with the staff. We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I travel a lot and stay in a variety of hotels. This hotel is well worth the price. Well kept, updated, and extra clean. Formerly a Jameson, this hotel features a friendly, helpful, and professional staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rikd57
Thank you for a great review. We are very pleased to know you had a great stay and we are looking forward to providing many more.

fletcher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

You normally don't get excited about a Quality Inn property, I know in 40 yrs I never really have. I got excited about this Quality Inn though. It has been award winner for years before it became a quality Inn and the staff has done an outstanding job of keeping this hotel in prime condition. It has been around for a while so some of the chairs or furnishings are older, but they are very clean and well kept up and you can tell the employees take pride in their hotel. A really nice surprise out here in Greene county, and great place to stay if you have business or activities at Tusculum College. There is a Fatz Cafe right in front of hotel as well as a Zaxbys next door, all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Weight room and pool are out back of parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank steve p
Thank you so much for an outstanding review of our property. We do take pride in our hotel and we appreciate the fact that you take notice of that and point it out. We love making our guests happy and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I usually stick with certain chains, and have stayed at Jameson’s rarely. This Hotel is very pleasing to look at from the outside. It’s very “bold” and clean looking, and inside is the same. They *do* have Smoking Rooms, so a non-smoker will smell smoke from time to time. I didn’t detect any smoke when entering, and my room smelled fresh and clean.

The girl at the front desk was pleasant and very efficient. Although there were two check-ins ahead of me, I was checked in and to my room in a matter of minutes.

Rooms are very nice. Highly polished furniture, well lit, and exceptionally clean. Microwave & Fridge, large flat screen TV with a great picture, and about 35 channels.

The work desk was medium size with convenient electrical outlets, very well lit, and I was able to easily turn the TV toward the desk to watch while I worked. The Free Internet connection reliable.

Bathroom was quite small, but effective. Good water pressure and hot water, that was easily adjustable, and the non-slip tub was good. The Sink is outside of the bathroom which I prefer.

The bed was very comfortable, and sleep was good. I always ask for a first floor room or near the elevator to keep those long hallway walks short. I got both. First floor, next to the lobby and elevator. The rear parking lot was right outside my window.
The room was great. No noise whatsoever, so the rest of the rooms have to be quiet.

Breakfast starts at 5:30am, which I loved. I could have a leisurely Breakfast, relax, and still be on the job at 7:00am. The Free Breakfast isn’t as much as the larger chain Hotels, but it’s OK. They offer the usual Continental items, plus waffles and biscuits & gravy. If you need more, there’s a Waffle House close by.

There’s also a large variety of Fast Food, BBQ, Steak House, Wal-Mart, Convenience Stores, Subway, and much more within a ¼ mile radius.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JimDavisHouston
jamgvtn, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Mr. Davis,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Our guests and their feedback are important to us and we strive to make every stay the best it can be. Our hope is that you think of us as your "home away from home". We look forward to your next stay with us or at any of our other Jameson Inns.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

These days, fast, dependable, wireless Internet is as essential to a hotel as a good mattress. A hotel of average to decent quality that charges $85+ per night should know this, but I didn't get that impression from this Jameson.

I needed to get a couple of hours of work done the night I stayed but the Internet went from modem speed to nothing at all in about 30 minutes and stayed that way for the rest of the night. I went to the front desk and asked the clerk if this happened very often and she said they did have trouble with their I-net. She handed me a little plastic box with a small antennae on it and said it might help. I had to sign a piece of paper that said if I stole the box I would be dinged for $150. The box looked to be worth about five bucks and after plugging it into my PC, it did absolutely nothing. She warned me in advance of this.

So I took it back and asked to to reset the router because now the network was down too. In the end nothing effective was done and the night was a write off. The next morning I told my story at checkout and the clerk said I should have called the ISP using the number on a plastic card on the desk. There was no plastic card but more importantly, if this sort of thing is common, THEY should call the ISP and get it fixed immediately. If it happens often, they should find a new ISP provider.

I asked for a discount from my rate but the clerk said she would have to wait to speak to the manager because I had prepaid Expedia and not them directly. I called the manager later in the day and she said she could have a one night stay coupon mailed to my home address but couldn't refund any portion of the bill because I hadn't paid them directly.

If you've gotten this far, you now have an idea of how frustrating and futile the whole thing was. The hotel was average in it's class: hard mattress but good sleep, old square TV, tiny microwave balanced atop a large bar fridge right beside the bed - the usual for a $65 hotel except that they charged $85. But because of the I-net fiasco, I doubt I'll stay at a Jameson again because they don't take professionalism seriously.

We'll see if they send the coupon and I will post another review if/when I try them a second time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen A
, General Manager at Quality Inn Greenville, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet outage during your stay with us. Your compensation is being mailed to you today. I also would like to let you know that we are in the process of some minor renovations in which we are installing new 37" flat screen televisions in all of our Jameson Inns. We hope that you choose to stay with us again as we value all of our guests and strive to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Lisa Douthat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
Hampton Inn Greeneville
Mountain Inn & Suites
Carnegie Hotel
Carnegie Hotel
#1 of 19 in Johnson City

Been to Quality Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!