“dirty and poorly maintained”

Econo Lodge Greeneville
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
Reviewed 30 January 2012

we have stayed at comfort inns all across america and enjoyed each one but the one in greensboro tennessee is dirty and entirely worn out. the carpet is filthy, the walls in the bathroom are worn out. there is grunge in the floor corners and the tub is so scratched and stained i wish i had brought shoes to wear in it. i'm sure whoever owns this hotel would not stay in it but i had to pay $69.00 for the privilege. i have been happy with comfort inn elsewhere but i will think twice before pulling over for the next one.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Greeneville

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed 3 nights, our room was clean and the staff is very friendly. Furniture is a little outdated, but the beds were very comfortable. We will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I was VERY disappointed with the stay. I was not expecting a luxury hotel but definitely cleanliness and a cooler temp was expected. I was scheduled to stay 3 days and did BUT was not happy. The pool was not cleaned properly, there was mildew on the sides and because my kids wanted to go in I prayed the whole time they would not contract a disease. The room was dusty and old with the walls being water damaged. I also had asked for more towels and the housekeeper firmly and rudely stated I only have 4.....also she made it very clear she did not have toilet paper. This lead my family and I having to go and buy TP at the walgreens. Needless to say, prior me posting this I gave full time for the hotel to make ammends. All I got was and "oops" bag.......I am telling you I will NEVER stay at this hotel and nor should u!!!!! For a lil more go and make rsvp at the hampton. It is down the road and superior to this one

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The room was hot and dirty, the halls were dirty, and the desk staff was not very friendly. It looks like it was a nice hotel at one time, but that was many years ago. I don't need a fancy hotel, but I do like to be clean and cool. There has to be a better hotel in town. I think less of the Comfort Inn name.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed here 3 nights with 3 my teenagers while visiting family. I was given a discounted rate that was very good and also given a roll a way at no additional charge ( I do not know if that is standard for the hotel or not).

The hotel room is standard size which with 4 grown people and a roll a way was cramped but that is certainly not the fault of the hotel. The room had a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. The hotel is older and the room did show some age but was clean and the beds were comfortable.

The hotel is located very close shopping, within walking distance if you were to be so inclined and a restaurant/bar across the street. It also has free WIFI as well as a computer in the lobby for guest use.

We enjoyed the pool the water was warm but there was only one table that had an umbrella so shade was at a premium. The breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, cereals, waffles, breads, danish, muffins, milk and juices. We certainly did not go hungry.

The front desk staff wasn't overly friendly but defiantly not rude.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is an older property that has refurbished its rooms. I had a king room that was spacious and clean. The people at the font desk were friendly and helpful. Internet worked fine for me. The swimming pool was closed due to a pump failure. Looked like a nice pool --- wish it had been open.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is an unusual hotel. It looks like a typical motel with exterior corridors, but then there is a glass wall erected outside the doors that makes an unheated, extra corridor before you reach the parking area. Not really sure of the purpose of that.
We arrived in the afternoon and were treated to a free bag of popcorn (available every afternoon) and a doggy bag of treats for our pup. (For those traveling with pets, you know how nice it is to have your fuzzy friend welcomed!)
The room was clean though the furniture was a bit scuffed. The heater was noisy and the bed was quite squeaky, but all in all it was fine. They serve a good breakfast but have a sign that says you can't take the food from the dining area. This is pretty inconvenient when you're going down to eat one at a time so as not to leave your pet alone in the room. Regardless, we'll stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
Quality Inn Greenville
Country Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Jonesborough
#1 of 3 in Rogersville

Been to Econo Lodge Greeneville? Share your experiences!