“Could have been more up to date and cleaner, but it was quiet!”

Econo Lodge Greeneville
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We didn't find the extreme issues that other reviewers seemed to have with cleanliness (and we are definitely germophobic people), but nothing was spotless, either. Most decor is outdated, and most rooms are accessed from the outside, a definite safety issue. We were given a room with indoor access, however, and did not have a problem with security or noise. Could have been a little bit better for what we paid, but it's in town and in a convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 children and 2 pugs. They were extremely nice and clean. This hotel is centrally located in Greeneville. I enjoyed my stay here and I would definetly go back for a quick getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank CMWest79
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed there several times. mainly because they have a swimming pool that goes to 8ft. deep. The location is convenient for me too. The comfort Inn may look nice from the lobby but that is where it ends. The rooms are rundown and beds are squeaky. When comcast went to digital recently, they didn't have the cable updated in the room where we stayed. I have stayed at many hotels, but this is prob. one of the worst.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Got a double room one bed was full of hair and dirt! Other bed seemed clean good thing it was just me i guess. Bathroom has mold and mildew not clean! Wallpaper peeling holes in walls and ceiling. Worst Comfort Inn i ever stayed in i didn't see the reviews till i was here!!! I think the Days Inn would have been better and i dont care for that chain. Avoid at all cost!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

In 100 words of less----BAD!!
Late 70's/early 80's decor (fake ferns, brass).
Retrofit from a former Holiday Inn. Rooms open to the outside except for the "atrium" where you check in they have added on a glass surround----older remodel---bad.
Room smelled like a cross between standing water, dirty gym socks, and a 90 year old man.
The only reason that I gave them a Poor rating instead of Terrible was the the staff (my major point of contact was nice). She was clueless, but nice. I had booked this room on-line not knowing what I was getting into, but then needed to stay just one more night for work (I was going to rough it just so I didn't have to pack up all of my junk). I explained to her that I needed to extend a single night out. This blew her mind...........she said "well I'll just extend it, and then you will be billed for both nights at once". NOT GOOD. I had already paid for one night up front over the internet. She said "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh", and nodded that she understood, but then proceeded to give me the same explaination about billing me for two nights. We went through this same scenario two more times (even with me explaining that these needed to be handled as two seperate reservations/pay periods). I even explained to her how to handle in the computer.....this didn't seem to work either. Eventually the day shift person straightened it out (kinda). And I was out of there!!!!

Did I mention the peeling paint and worn out stained carpet? Don't forget the mold (or is it just the peeling grout?).

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here if the world is coming to an end, then ask for an inside room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Ok in all fairness the young lady at the front desk was very nice and attentive. The towels appear clean and washed. Check in was fine. After that, well, just a house of horrors. Room smells very bad. Everything is sticky. Worn out. Noisy. I am counting the hours until I can leave. Perhaps the worst hotel I've stayed in during the past ten years. And all this for $100.00! Stay anywhere else for any price.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

A lot of times different folks have different experiences at hotels. From reading some of the reviews on this hotel, we were a little gun shy about staying. So we went to the hotel and asked to see the room we would be staying in. On arrival the lobby was very clean with cookies and popcorn ready. The girl at the desk was extremely nice and was glad to show us the room. Very clean, furniture was a little older but clean and the carpet looked like it had just been cleaned. The room smelled clean and fresh.
We stayed and had a great night. The bed was comfortable, pillows were a little small but all and all no complaints. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple