“Super service.”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
London, United Kingdom
“Super service.”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We found this motel quite good, clean and quiet, the public rooms and the reception hotel-like. Admittedly the TV system was mediocre - didn't bother us - and the lack of elevators made the carrying of the luggage upstairs a bit of a nuisance, but the superb quality of the breakfast served in the beautiful dining room and the courtesy and local knowledge of the lady who checked us in, convinced us to put this motel on our favourite list. Whenever we come this way, we'll be sure to stop here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
moonhope
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight to visit family. Hotel is on the bypass in the heart of commercial business for the town (shopping areas). It's about 4-5 miles from downtown site seeing. Hotel was clean...needs updating for sure. TVs are old style, but the beds need the most help. It was so hard I had trouble sleeping. Breakfast was hot and they make fresh country style gravy with biscuits. Also fresh popcorn at check in. Rooms best in town for price. ...there are one or two cheaper but you don't want to stay there.... Lots to do in town...check out Andrew Johnson's Home and Taylor shop, the old Jail, all the old churches. Drive out the Erwin Highway to the Amish Country Store where they make awesome frisbee sized homemade donuts....delicious-melt in your mouth! Also they make great deli sandwiches and next door a full family style restaurant to enjoy. Drive to neighboring Jonesboro for some antique shopping. Also if there in the summer, go see a baseball game at their new single A stadium - it is on the Tusculum College campus (oldest college in TN) and worth a drive by also. In summary, I would stay again, but whew that bed was hard...I may ask to check out a couple of rooms first!

Room Tip: Beds are very hard...good luck
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Carrollton, GA
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We didn't find the extreme issues that other reviewers seemed to have with cleanliness (and we are definitely germophobic people), but nothing was spotless, either. Most decor is outdated, and most rooms are accessed from the outside, a definite safety issue. We were given a room with indoor access, however, and did not have a problem with security or noise. Could have been a little bit better for what we paid, but it's in town and in a convenient location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 children and 2 pugs. They were extremely nice and clean. This hotel is centrally located in Greeneville. I enjoyed my stay here and I would definetly go back for a quick getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank CMWest79
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed there several times. mainly because they have a swimming pool that goes to 8ft. deep. The location is convenient for me too. The comfort Inn may look nice from the lobby but that is where it ends. The rooms are rundown and beds are squeaky. When comcast went to digital recently, they didn't have the cable updated in the room where we stayed. I have stayed at many hotels, but this is prob. one of the worst.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry S

Travellers are raving about these Greeneville hotels

Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Got a double room one bed was full of hair and dirt! Other bed seemed clean good thing it was just me i guess. Bathroom has mold and mildew not clean! Wallpaper peeling holes in walls and ceiling. Worst Comfort Inn i ever stayed in i didn't see the reviews till i was here!!! I think the Days Inn would have been better and i dont care for that chain. Avoid at all cost!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Newborn, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

In 100 words of less----BAD!!
Late 70's/early 80's decor (fake ferns, brass).
Retrofit from a former Holiday Inn. Rooms open to the outside except for the "atrium" where you check in they have added on a glass surround----older remodel---bad.
Room smelled like a cross between standing water, dirty gym socks, and a 90 year old man.
The only reason that I gave them a Poor rating instead of Terrible was the the staff (my major point of contact was nice). She was clueless, but nice. I had booked this room on-line not knowing what I was getting into, but then needed to stay just one more night for work (I was going to rough it just so I didn't have to pack up all of my junk). I explained to her that I needed to extend a single night out. This blew her mind...........she said "well I'll just extend it, and then you will be billed for both nights at once". NOT GOOD. I had already paid for one night up front over the internet. She said "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh", and nodded that she understood, but then proceeded to give me the same explaination about billing me for two nights. We went through this same scenario two more times (even with me explaining that these needed to be handled as two seperate reservations/pay periods). I even explained to her how to handle in the computer.....this didn't seem to work either. Eventually the day shift person straightened it out (kinda). And I was out of there!!!!

Did I mention the peeling paint and worn out stained carpet? Don't forget the mold (or is it just the peeling grout?).

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here if the world is coming to an end, then ask for an inside room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
Quality Inn Greenville
#1 of 1 in Jonesborough
Days Inn Greeneville
Days Inn Greeneville
#7 of 8 in Greeneville

Been to Econo Lodge Greeneville? Share your experiences!