“Pretty good hotel based on the price...just a little old.”

Knights Inn Greeneville
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The room was musty, needed cleaning on the door jambs, etc and was some what old. The bathroom toilet is very short. The bed slept fine. Staff was nice and helpful. The little restaurant over cooks the eggs but the ham is to die for. The internet is great... no problems there.

I would advise taking the cleaning wipes to wipe off the areas people touch... but not too bad of a place to stay. Really close to some great places to eat and easy access to the main hwy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Me & my family stayed here for 7 aweful days don't get me wrong the room was very nice but the service was AWEFUL We got our room cleaned 1 time the whole 7 days we had to go down everyday top get our own towels I even had to ask for a vacuum to vacuum my own room bathroom tub wouldn't drain no hot water one night it was an AWEFUL experience. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SoxyMartinez
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We visited the Greeneville area for 3 days and wanted an inexpensive, comfortable, clean, and quiet place during our stay. It quiet until you turned on the Bathroom exhaust fan - so loud and rumbling we could not talk over it. Clean - musty room (in December?) with mold on the bathroom wall and shower curtain. Free internet - could not connect to it and was told by front desk that we could rent a cable for $5.00! The bed was lumpy and the pillows were small and hard. We left after first night and moved to the Hampton Inn. Cost much more but it was worth it. DO NOT STAY AT THE CHARREY INN.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DandSSilverSpring
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My mother and I stayed at Charray Inn for four nights while in town visiting relatives. We chose the hotel because of its price and just needed a place to use as a base during our stay.

It was an over sized room that had a microwave and dorm size fridge. They did have DSL but on a good day I could connect to wireless. They do have a restaurant on site for breakfast and lunch. It is conveniently located to shopping and other restaurants.
It was clean and staff was very pleasant.

If your looking for a view and pool this is not the motel for you but if you are looking for a well priced, clean roomy place to stay I would highly recommend the Charray Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank wheresdaapplebzdaddy
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Way above anyone else, clean rooms, they even had an air purifiyer in the room! They also have a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Friendly staff; large room; room, fixtures, furniture and bedding clean; good Italian restaurant across the street (important if you've been on motorcycle all day and don't want to get back on!); good rates; GOOD breakfast in their small restaurant!

Motel clean inside and out; easy access off main highway.

All the above greatly appreciated!

Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2007

What a breath of fresh air! Like you, I sat reading review after review with doubt sitting on my shoulder. My experience was like staying with family only less annoying, and in some instances cleaner. The staff were prompt and polite, the rooms were clean, comfortable, large and quiet. I stayed 3 nights and looked forward to returning to my room each and every night. I have stayed in hotels all over the country and I would be happy to compare The Charray Inn to a Holiday Inn Express (only super size the rooms and make them cleaner). The rooms look just as they are pictured on their website, no "good lighting". What you see is what you get. The price, I was amazed at how cheap it is, but I guess you know that, that is why you are unsure. Well rest easy, and be assured you are making the right choice. Did I mention I have stayed at other hotels in Greeneville? You can bet I won't waste my money like that again!

They had a small diner on the side of the building that took me back in time, where the food is cheap, piping hot and it all came with a smile. Just make sure you have cash or you'll miss out.

Good luck in your travels and have a blessed day!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)