“Good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We eat here on our way back home from Knoxville, after UT ballgames. Variety is here and the food is good.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

If you love barbeque, you must seek out Stan's. You will enjoy your meal here. The decorating is country cute. It is a family restaurant and you can bring clients as well. The food is always good, maybe a little pricier than some barbeque but well worth it.
I am not a fan of barbeque but my hubby loves it. They have several dishes to try and their side dishes are great too.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

They say they smoke the meat for around 15 hours, but I really like to have a little more of the flavor of the smoke in my meat, but that is just my preference. I like the smoke as a spice you might say. The place was packed and the french fries were some of the best I have had in years, don't know how they do it they were actually better than the beef. It was a little pricey not much but you have to pay for any sides so that runs the price up and those were really good but very expensive fries. so beware it will run you a few dollars to eat here, but good food overall and nice sauces.

1  Thank steve p
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have been eating at Stan's since it was just a little shack many years ago and have always found that the food was excellent and the service was very friendly if somewhat harried during rush hours. Bar-B-Q in East Tennessee tends to resemble the Que in Western North Carolina but with a bit of Memphis thrown in and it makes for quite a nice combination and a unique flavor profile. This is the basic formula one will find at Stan's so don't go in expecting KC, Memphis or Eastern Carolina bar-b-q because that's not what you will find and to make comparisons is to compare apples to oranges.

That said, my wife absolutely loves the ribs while I prefer the pulled pork but you really can't go wrong either way. The thing though that makes Stan's stand out are the sides. The baked beans are a little on the spicy side for my taste but the steak fries are wonderful, the slaw is delicious and their corn pudding is out of this world. Sometimes I just get two orders of corn pudding for my sides because I just can't resist the stuff.

So basically one can indeed find better bar-b-q although this is certainly in the top 20% of all the Que I have tasted and I have tasted a lot but when one takes into account the super friendly service and the out of this world sides Stan's as a whole goes from a very good restaurant to an excellent restaurant. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I've alway loved their barbecue, until I discovered their chili, now I can't decide which is best. Also, they have the best sweet tea in town and the friendliest staff.