“Don't look, just eat.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Don't look, just eat.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This has been a downtown institution since I can remember...it is old, worn out and if you looked at the interior...you probably would hesitate...I love it...and the sweet tea can't be beat !!!

Visited February 2014

Greeneville, Tennessee
“AMAZING Biscuits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I work not far from here. The best place in Greeneville to get breakfast. The biscuits are HOMEMADE. Forget McDonalds and Hardees. Tiptons is cheaper then them anyway, and 1000x better! Great tea also.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“I could not pass it up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The time to go here is late at night
So after a movie I made my way over at 11pm at night. I sat down at the counter and had a breakfast sandwich which for me was better than a burger that late. I was glad I took the time to experience this landmark

• Visited January 2014
Greeneville, Tennessee
“History and Hamburgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

There just is nothing like a Tipton's hamburger. Eat at the counter and mingle with farmers, lawyers, retailers, and an occasional gazilionaie. There is really nothing to compare with this experience. Great breakfasts, too.

Visited October 2013
Garrett, Pennsylvania
“Real food and easy on your wallet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I love how the moment I step through the door I'm greeted with a hearty "Hello"! The staff makes me feel at home in this quiant little restaurant. Locals refer to it as a "hole in the wall". It is small and only seats about 15-20 people. I overlook the size because the food is delicious and it feels like the 50's. You can watch your food being made, carry on a conversation with another customer while you wait. The wait isn't long at all. The food is also very much affordable and I love that. I have been here many times and haven't ever been disapointed. Once I came with my youngest daughter and a friend. Our bill wasn't over $13. I plan on coming again and again. The only downside (I mean the ONLY downside) is you have to have cash. Can't pay with a card. Can't wait to eat there again soon!

• Visited March 2013