“everything was wonderful”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Newark
“everything was wonderful”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have ate at all different places across the US. This restaurant has to be in my top 5! I had eaten at a Fatz before in South Carolina but it was nothing like this. I had to wait about 10min for a table which I don't mind. The server (Matt) greeted me warmly and quickly. I got to sample the Calabash chicken for being a first time guest with them. I had beef kabobs and rice. Not my typical kind of meal but they were really good. I even learned where Fatz originated from and why. I have never learned so much about a restaurant just by eating there. I will be back anytime I come through.

• Visited July 2013

“Good Food, especially for Greenville”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have been to Fatz numerous times for business luncheons and family dinners. The food is always great. I've never been disappointed in any of the menu items. The chicken tenders are wonderful as well as the beef tips with mushroom gravy. I've had the hamburger, salads....NOTHING has been disappointing. The rolls are wonderful! By the way, I like to get rolls with my drink or when I'm seated, not 2 minutes before my food arrives. Timing seems to be off sometimes when bringing out rolls, soup or salads...they usually arrive too late not giving you time to eat prior to your entree arriving. Another gripe of mine is the server with the naked girl on his right bicep. I really don't want to see her butt in my face as you reach across to fill up my tea. Can you cover it up????? Same guy needs to also be friendlier and a little more civilized and polished. I want to feel like you are my waiter not the guy that changes my tires.

• Visited June 2013
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
We are sorry to hear about the poor timing of the served courses and the level of friendliness and professionalism you experienced at our restaurant and thank you for bringing the tattoo to our attention. We agree that it is unacceptable for this to happen, and does not live up to the high standards we expect of our team. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback as we can’t get better without it.
tennessee
“Still yummy”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have been 2 times in the past 3 weeks. Each time the service was excellent and the food was very good. The rolls they serve are scrumptious and your server will bring more if you ask for them.

• Visited May 2013
Morristown, Tennessee
“Quality Food and Service in Greeneville”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We love the Cajun Firecracker Sticks appetizer; they're spicy but not overly so. The Calabash Chicken is my personal favorite and I'm pleasingly surprised with the Rib Eye Steak. We love the baked sweet potatoes, grilled asparagus, and fresh salads. The shrimp and grits makes me long for a trip to the coast. Peach cobbler is a great way to end a good meal.

The restaurant has a fresh look and is always clean and attractive. We appreciate the good service provided by the wait staff at Fatz.

When we're hungry and want a good meal, we know we'll be pleased at Fatz.

• Visited April 2013
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Good poppy seed rolls, just don't give enough.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I ordered the Beef Tips. They were very good. The poppy seed rolls are very good but we had to keep asking for more because the waitress only brought out 1 for each person each time. You would think if you have to keep asking for them she would get the hint and bring more than 1 each.

• Visited April 2013