“Really good country cooking”
Review of Caney Branch Restaurant - CLOSED

Caney Branch Restaurant
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This off the beaten path restaurant was recommended to us, and we decided to give it a try while staying nearby. Without having read the positive reviews, I would have been hesitant to try the buffet. In this case, presentation is definitely not everything! The food was really, really good. The fried fish was delicious, and we really liked most of the other things we tried; the mac n cheese, fried okra, corn bread, and banana pudding were particular hits with my family. Our waitress was sweet and friendly, and the prices were excellent (Wed night buffet inc. fried fish and chicken was $8 for adults, $5 for kids.) Do bring cash, because it doesn't appear that cc are accepted.

There are newer reviews for Caney Branch Restaurant

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Great burgers the best.buffet was excellent also alot of choices on the menu.hard to come by the quality this day and time.if you get a chance check it out you want be dissappointed thats for sure

Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I happened by this restaurant while heading to Chattanooga. Located on Route 321 in Greeneville, TN, the Caney Branch Restaurant provides delicious homecooking. When we walked in, we discovered it was cafeteria-style, all you can eat. There are not a lot of dining choices on this stretch of road and we wanted to sample the local fare anyway. There is table service for drinks. Our waitress was very friendly, a common occurrence in Tennessee. The food included barbecued pork, fried chicken, and many different vegetables. There was also salad and several tasty desserts. There appeared to be local people eating there, which is always a good sign. If you find yourself meandering the backroads to Chattanooga like we did, make Caney Branch a planned stop.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was hesitant to try this place after reading some of the reviews but I'm happy we did! I cannot say anything bad about our visit. Great food (steak, catfish, and BBQ were tried @ our table) super service, and awesome atmosphere. Deserts off the charts! The chocolate pie was to die for! My kids had great time trying to identify all the animals!