“Gorgeous”

The General Morgan Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Highly recommend this historical beauty. I lived in Greeneville a long time ago and returned for a funeral this past December 2013. I was so excited to finally stay here andThe General Morgan Inn is a real treat. Clean, comfortable rooms and excellent staff at all hours of the day. The main lobby is spectacular and was so beautifully decorated for the holidays. The little hallway in the back with local artwork and shops is so charming. Greeneville is also regenerating the downtown and we want to return with our kids for Tennesee's Civil War history trail. Great job!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and there was a whooshing noise in the room all night, and I think it was...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ombaby69
Kathryn C, Public Relations Manager at The General Morgan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you, Ombaby69! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I spend New years Eve there and had a very laid back good time. The Inn was so beautifully decorated from top to bottom. Our room was generous and very spotless. Two sweet ladies provided the entertainment in the lobby before dinner and afterwards. Our meals were wonderful. All in all the short trip over from Knoxville was well worth it. We will go back and play golf and hike in the spring and summer.

Room Tip: we stayed on third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you, JOY P! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Ten of us traveled to Greeneville and spent the night at the Inn. It is so beautiful - greatly decorated - a lovely place to visit. The price is not too pricey and I highly recommend it. The Christmas decorations are worth a visit just to see them. Pictures by the fireplace in the lobby will be treasured.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the city street for best view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you, Neighborhoodgroup! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have visited General Morgan Inn twice in the past 4 years, and we enjoy its charm. The restaurant in house is nice, and the town is historic and quiet. It's on the historic hotel registry, and is the only one in our region. Overall, we have been pleased with them and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Chamfam! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is a beautiful place with friendly staff. The bed/linens made me want to stay longer. My room was small compared to some, but perfect for me. Good bathroom, very clean. Great towels, The lovely high ceilings and period decor were a treat. Give it a try - I can't imagine you would be sorry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kathryn C, Public Relations Manager at The General Morgan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank you, ccmgrad! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I just returned from 4 nights at the General Morgan Inn while attending the International Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, TN. This is a GEM. It is a very well maintained, historic hotel with updated everything. The beds and bedding are very comfortable - a very important quality for me. Brumley's - the hotel restaurant - is also excellent. Staff is gracious and helpful. My friend and I made a reservation for next year during the festival. It's about a 20 mile drive to Jonesborough; we felt it was worth every mile.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lwkempka

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Greeneville doesn't have many hotels and there is a reason for that, the General Morgan. When you walk in the huge lobby it is like stepping back in time. Beautiful.The staff was so friendly and accommodating you would think I lived in town. I checked in around 7 pm and was very tired. The restaurant fixed me a delicious dinner of Peccata chicken to take to my room. When I got to my room I was surprised to find a cloth napkin and real silverware instead of plastic! That made the meal even better. I was in a spacious corner room across from the County courthouse. Yes they have wifi but the room was decorated as if from the past so I just put my computer away and relaxed as I would have 50 years ago. I plan on returning when I can spend a couple days visiting the historical sites.

Room Tip: There are elevators but I still had to go up 5 or 6 steps to reach my room once I got off the elevat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank shelley511972

Thank you, shelley511972! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
Hampton Inn Greeneville
Knights Inn Greeneville
Knights Inn Greeneville
#5 of 8 in Greeneville
Nolichuckey Bluffs Bed and Breakfast

Been to The General Morgan Inn? Share your experiences!