“A little bit of Heaven (although that may be blasphemous)”

Burkholder's Baked Goods
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Sharpsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Montclair
“A little bit of Heaven (although that may be blasphemous)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The reviews are correct. Burkholder's is excellent. We visited on Thursday and if you're using a GPS bear in mind the bakery is in the rear of a home in a residential area. I thought we were lost until I saw the small sign.

We were helped by an austere Mennonite woman who answered our questions and rang us up promptly.

I only bought cookies: ginger snaps, molasses, peanut butter thumbprints & iced sugar cookies. All were excellent and keep well in a tight container.

I wanted to get some bread, too -- it looked delicious -- but didn't think it made sense for the bread to sit for three days in a motel room before I ate it. However, other reviewers like it and I would assume the quality is consistent with the cookies. And you simply cannot beat the prices. For under $20 I had dessert for over a week.

Burkholder's is worth a side trip if you are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MichaelRShannon

Conway, South Carolina
“Good doughnuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Much better than any chains but still not as good as Krumpes in Hagerstown. The Bavarian Cream was very good

Visited November 2013
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Phenomenal Doughnuts..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I've lived in the area for 7 years, had heard many time of the legend of Burkholder's. Oh my god.... best 'knots' you'll ever have in your life. Fair warning to tourists: Please be respectful of their beliefs. Tank tops, swim shorts and otherwise revealing clothing is not welcome and please put away your smart phone.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Cookbynight
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Best Donuts Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Peanut butter donuts are beyond belief. We drive 36 miles round trip for these babies. Bread and other baked goods are absolutely divine. You can find pies, bread, cookies, cakes, and even fresh eggs. Get there early and if possible avoid Fridays and Saturdays when you will find eager folks lined up out the door of the tiny bakery located in a residence.

• Visited September 2012