“Try the Stir-fry with Chicken”

Maggie's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Eagan, Minnesota
“Try the Stir-fry with Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved it! I was ready for a normal stir-fry experience and was blown away. This dish is easy to overcook (slimy), undercook (raw), or dry (bad mix of sauce). This one was spot on. It comes on a bed of sweet and regular French fries. Wasn't sure how that would work, but it hit.

Wife enjoyed the Chicken Fajita, but not as much as my stir-fry.

• Visited July 2014

Hampshire, Illinois
“Awful service and food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The place was crowded, good sign, the food must be good. We decided not to dine in and walk and eat to a nearby picnic area by the lake, since the weather was great. The restaurant is small, warm and humid inside. We were directed to the bar area to order our food. The receptionist did not even offer a menu, we read it from what's posted on the outside door. We waited outside for our food. They were okay with time, took 15 mins to prep it. Asked the guy if everything was in the bag, i mean condiments, and everything that was supposed to be included in a plain cheeseburger ( Maggie's Burger), he said yes. We got our food and walked to the nearby picnic area, and found out that our burgers were charred, dry, no mayo or ketchup, or pickle. The fries were dry, unsalted. Paid > $45 for 4 sandwiches, that are terrible and awful, left that charred/burned taste in your mouth. Luckily, my husband ordered salad that we were able to put in our burgers. We did not bother to walk back, it was not worth the effort. I do not know why people go this place. I could have made a better cheeseburger sandwich at my hotel kitchenette. Totally, bad experience! WILL NOT RECOMMEND this place at all!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank 617cdy
Stillwater
“Cute Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I wanted to go to Maggie's just because of all of the Flamingos! They have them everywhere, on the tables, walls, hanging upside down from the ceiling. It is a fun restaurant.

The food was just ok. Except for Maggie's secret sauce, that was really good! The waitress was fun and relaxed and we enjoyed visiting with her.

Visited July 2014
Grayslake, Illinois
“Flamingo Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Maggie's is just what you would expect a small town restaurant to be. Fun place to be with a pleasant staff, and flamingo motif is always fun to see and wonder "Where did they get THAT?"

I've never had anything there that I would not order again. It's not fancy food, but good homemade dishes.

Visited August 2013
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Fun place to visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Food is very good. Staff friendly and attentive. Ate here on my last trip to Bayfield in February and decided to bring friends here for a weekend trip this summer. They enjoyed it very much. First heard about it through friends who have been in the area. Would go back.

Visited July 2014

Been to Maggie's Restaurant? Share your experiences!