“Wonderful fresh food. Great trout. Great ambiance.”

Maggie's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful fresh food. Great trout. Great ambiance.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a fun place to dine in. Fresh trout and vegetables prepared in a clean kitchen and served in a sandwich or other combinations. Home made desserts, chocolate mousse cake, fresh strawberry shortcake and others. Their menus accommodates almost all tastes. They also have a huge selection of beers, wine and other beverages. The prices are reasonable but the freshness of everything is extraordinary.

Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“Second time not the charm”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was here about 5 years ago and the food was decent, not great. Was up in Bayfield last week spending the day with family in Bayfield and decided to go back as they are still rated pretty high for the town. Seems this place has not changed one bit. All the decor was exactly the same and now to me all these flamingos just look old and worn out ..even dirty in my opinion. Tanya from Restaurant Impossible would have a coronary if she went into this place. The food has gone downhill. All the kids hated their food. Cheeseburger was dried out and cooked until lifeless, the chicken strip dish not from the kids menu had hot sauce all over the chicken to where my daughter had to scrape it all off and then still could not eat most of it as it was still too hot. The french fries are hand cut but I dont think they have a deep frier as these were very limp and soft and tasted like when you try to fry them in a frying pan at home. I had the whitefish sandwich and it was awful. They left the skin on the fish and it was all soft and rubbery and not appealing to eat one bit. I had to peal all this off before I could eat it and even then there was no seasoning at all and just some chopped lettuce and red onion. Very poor. Maggie's should visit the Deep Water Grill in Ashland and see how to make a GREAT whitefish sandwich. My wife had clam chowder and see did like that. The desserts were also good as we split a chocolate torte and a berry pie. Those were the highlight of the meal. Service was good but not great. Basically this place needs a huge makeover both in decor and menu choices. I doubt we will ever go back unless this happens as there are too many other good choices in this town.

Eagan, Minnesota
“Try the Stir-fry with Chicken”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved it! I was ready for a normal stir-fry experience and was blown away. This dish is easy to overcook (slimy), undercook (raw), or dry (bad mix of sauce). This one was spot on. It comes on a bed of sweet and regular French fries. Wasn't sure how that would work, but it hit.

Wife enjoyed the Chicken Fajita, but not as much as my stir-fry.

Hampshire, Illinois
“Awful service and food!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The place was crowded, good sign, the food must be good. We decided not to dine in and walk and eat to a nearby picnic area by the lake, since the weather was great. The restaurant is small, warm and humid inside. We were directed to the bar area to order our food. The receptionist did not even offer a menu, we read it from what's posted on the outside door. We waited outside for our food. They were okay with time, took 15 mins to prep it. Asked the guy if everything was in the bag, i mean condiments, and everything that was supposed to be included in a plain cheeseburger ( Maggie's Burger), he said yes. We got our food and walked to the nearby picnic area, and found out that our burgers were charred, dry, no mayo or ketchup, or pickle. The fries were dry, unsalted. Paid > $45 for 4 sandwiches, that are terrible and awful, left that charred/burned taste in your mouth. Luckily, my husband ordered salad that we were able to put in our burgers. We did not bother to walk back, it was not worth the effort. I do not know why people go this place. I could have made a better cheeseburger sandwich at my hotel kitchenette. Totally, bad experience! WILL NOT RECOMMEND this place at all!

2 Thank 617cdy
Stillwater
“Cute Place”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I wanted to go to Maggie's just because of all of the Flamingos! They have them everywhere, on the tables, walls, hanging upside down from the ceiling. It is a fun restaurant.

The food was just ok. Except for Maggie's secret sauce, that was really good! The waitress was fun and relaxed and we enjoyed visiting with her.

Visited July 2014

Been to Maggie's Restaurant? Share your experiences!