All reviewsscreened porchview of the lakefull kitchenresident cathide a bedbeautiful flower gardenssmall patiomadeline islandyear after yearliving roomhotel roomdowntown areafirst floorair conditioningcable tvgreat viewlake superior
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Although we have visited Bayfield several times in the past, my husband and I never stayed overnight before - this would be a first. I decided to book the Winfield Inn as it looked very pretty in the advertisements and pets are welcome in some rooms. (We took our Catahoula/Lab mix with us on this trip). It did not disappoint. Our room overlooked the beautiful gardens of the Inn and Lake Superior as well. It was clean, decorated very nicely and all the things that I would hope are supplied when you book a room but usually never have enough of such as enough towels, re-stocked coffee supplies for the in-room coffee maker and enough TP were there for us. You can enter the room from the back door, but there is also a door and large window facing Lake Superior. When you step out the front door, you have your own little patio area where you can relax and enjoy the view. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the picturesque town of Bayfield. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeno58
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at the Winfield Inn at the recommendation of a friend. Well, it was nothing like their website, the room wasn't well kept up and the toilet seat was broken. My husband complained to the front dest and they fixed it but it was an inconvenience. Also, they tried to charge me a "resort fee" for the pool. I had no idea that they even had a pool so I requested a refund to my credit card. The front desk were not very helpful and overall all a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BuntyTucson
orchidcurran70, Owner at Winfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

I'm very disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As for the "resort fee" for the pool, the tax supports our local recreation center. Winfield Inn does not have a pool, but we do offer free passes to the Rec. Center.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our large, lovely room faced the water with a view of the lake. It was very clean and the grounds were very nicely landscaped. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were delighted by this beautiful site, Not only were the rooms big and well equiped, they were also beautifully decorated. We felt at home, and still pampered. We travel with our dog/baby, and he also loved it and was entirely relaxed there. The grounds were beautiful, and we were able to take lovely walks, and come back and either eat right there, with all equipment to make a meal, or send out for a pizza or some other favorites. We love playing at the nearby Casinos, or just sit and look out the windows at the fantistic view of Madeline Island and Lake Superior. We were there in late September and early October, and were amazed at the flowers still in bloom in the wonderful gardens that surround the condos and the motel and cottages. We stayed with friends the first few times, so had a double room, and later just us in a single, and were very comfortable in both. We were married in September 53 years ago, and staying at the Winfield in Sepetember, has been the best way we have ever celebrated our anniverseries! Thanks for the memories Winfield. ( We were not there in 2011, but in several years before, but, could never forget our wonderful experiences there)

Room Tip: We loved the Condo's, and therfore always chose them. They overlooked the lake and the gardens and the porch was wonderful on the side overlooking Madaline Island. We thought the upper level gave a better view, but the ground floor was nice too.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grammap70
orchidcurran70, Owner at Winfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you!! It is always our pleasure to welcome back guests. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we cold contribute to some wonderful memories.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The Winfield is a nice place to stay in Bayfield. It's reasonably priced and it's clean and it has plenty of charm. I am super picky about hotel rooms, but I have stayed at the Winfield several times and the rooms have always met my standards. The rooms are not very modern, which is kind of cozy after a long day in Bayfield, in/on the water and playing at the beach.

During the summer, I am usually traveling with my nephews, and they love to explore the grounds of the Winfield, which have beautiful gardens and sculptural elements. The whole setting is peaceful and beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family