All reviews screened porch view of the lake full kitchen resident cat hide a bed beautiful flower gardens small patio madeline island year after year living room hotel room downtown area first floor air conditioning cable tv great view lake superior
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had read the good reviews and I was not disappointed by the real thing! The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The view of Lake Superior was great and the gardens were so enjoyable. I would love to stay at the Winfield again. The only thing I would change would be to put an iron and ironing board in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyMiddletown
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was the 2nd year we have stayed at the Brickyard Cottages run by the WInfield Inn. I almost don't want to say how great they are so the prices don't go up and they aren't booked up solid! We live in the woods ourselves and surprisingly we travel 6 hours to stay in a cabin in the woods! They are a great value and shared with another couple or your own family, they are a great value. They are located just a few miles from Bayfield and each cabin is set into the woods without disturbing the vegetation around them. They are private and quiet and have everything you need including bedding, towels, a complete kitchen, tv and best of all a screened in porch. We stayed in #47 this year and #48 last year. #48 has a little more wear , but it is a bigger unit and has an adorable little cabana with a bed and bathroom attatched to the deck. It also has a huge deck that overlooks a large meadow looking towards the lake. #47 is nicely furnished and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Highly recommend these cabins..

Room Tip: Read the descriptions of each cabin on their website ..I don't think you can go wrong!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank farmgl
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here for several nights while kayaking in the area. The condos at the Boatyard are clean, well furnished, modern, and within walking distance of everything in downtown Bayfield. They have free internet and are next to a small beach and down the block from a park. All have views of the water from balconies that are perfect to sit and watch the boats from. There are BBQs to cook the fresh fish sold down the block at the market. Each of the condos is a little different. Ours had one bedroom, one bath, and a loft bedroom above the living room. My group had 6 couples staying here and we all loved it.

Room Tip: All the condos are a little different. Get the staff to describe the one you are getting. Upper level has better view and may be quieter from neighbors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lasrman
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My family and my brothers family both booked a few days in the "Boat Yard". Both of us paid the same rate for our rooms but my family hardly got the same value that my brother's family got. My brothers place was well kept, full size fridge, full size stove, big TV with cable and nice leather furniture. Our room had stained carpet, a 14 TV with only local channels, a tiny refrigerator, a tiny stove, old furniture, duct tape holding on the counter edge and overall rundown looking. The room would have been fine had we not paid the same price as a nice room. Also, when we checked out and returned the keys the person at the desk did not even looked up and just took the keys from the counter and said buy. I would caution anyone about staying in the boat yard units to make sure you know what you are getting. I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff K
orchidcurran70, Owner at Winfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your standards. Since the Reiten Boatyard Condos are privately owned and Winfield Inn does not own any part of the complex, it's hard to get owners to make the appropriate updates to their units. We do let owners know what should be done to their units.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Although we have visited Bayfield several times in the past, my husband and I never stayed overnight before - this would be a first. I decided to book the Winfield Inn as it looked very pretty in the advertisements and pets are welcome in some rooms. (We took our Catahoula/Lab mix with us on this trip). It did not disappoint. Our room overlooked the beautiful gardens of the Inn and Lake Superior as well. It was clean, decorated very nicely and all the things that I would hope are supplied when you book a room but usually never have enough of such as enough towels, re-stocked coffee supplies for the in-room coffee maker and enough TP were there for us. You can enter the room from the back door, but there is also a door and large window facing Lake Superior. When you step out the front door, you have your own little patio area where you can relax and enjoy the view. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the picturesque town of Bayfield. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple