Old Rittenhouse Inn(Bayfield)
US$143
US$200
US$157
QualityInn
Cove Point Lodge(Beaver Bay)
US$228
US$213
All reviewsscreened porchfull kitchenview of the lakeresident cathide a bedbeautiful flower gardenssmall patiomadeline islanddowntown bayfieldyear after yearapostle islandsliving roomfirst floorcable tvgreat viewlake superiorbrickyard
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was my second stay at Winfield Inn and it was "do over". When my first stay didn't go as well as I had hoped, I was so impressed with the way the manager handled the issue, that I decided to give it a second chance. I'm glad I did.

The condo room (#26) with the terrace overlooking Lake Superior was so nice. The quaint, comfortable room had everything one would need for a few days -- including kitchen with all the equipment. Even in the chill of October, the best part was having morning coffee on my terrace, watching the boats leave the harbor. I was pleasantly surprised by the spa tub, which preceded a restful sleep every night.

Convenient located about 1/2 mile from town, give this little charmer a try. I would suggest not only checking out the room photos online, but actually call the motel and chat about your room needs. They can recommend a room that fits you perfectly. The lake view is unmatched.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or deck overlooking the lake, and if your budget allows, get a condo. The lowest level rooms (on the back side of the condo building) have patios with partial lake views and work for the extremely budget-conscious (but a little more for a room higher up is worth it).
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank SoloTraveler1967
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I like the Inn with the gorgeous gardens and the view of the lake, but some of the rooms with the balconies really need some serious renovations. The wicker furniture on the balcony is old and worn out. The sofas in the rooms themselves need to be replaced, and the carpeting needs to be cleaned or replaced. But the beds are very comfortable. We loved having a full kitchen for drinks, snacks, etc.

I would also add some lattice or some type of wall between each unit on the balconies for more privacy....

Room Tip: choose one on the balcony... more privacy...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvscats
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We just sort of "fell" into this beautiful place to stay! Traveling in the off season sometimes has it's perks and this was definately one of them. We stopped in Bayfield just as the sun was about to set hoping that we'd find a room. Pulled into the Winfield Inn (and they have wonderful gardens) and they had a room. After a great dinner in town and sitting on the deck overlooking Lake Superior we wished we could have stayed a week! The room was perfect. Comfortable bed, coffee pot and outside places to sit (with or without other guests). If you get to go, plan to stay a few days, you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: we had a room on the walkout level of the building closest to the lake, however I don't think that you could miss. There's a communal deck with lots of chairs and rockers. So unless you are not wanting to see other people at all, any room will do.
1  Thank IndianaSuemom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We rented a Brickyard Cabin this past weekend. It was wonderful, set up well, comfortable beds, great location etc. The only complaint I could make is that the staff at the Winfield office was less than friendly. There was one person checking us in who never smiled, said hello, never asked if we were celebrating anything, where we were visiting from, if we needed any advice on things to see or places to go. While she was checking us in, two others walked in, one of which I think may have been the proprietor, and again - nothing. No smiles, no welcome, no nothing. The check in person was automated, told us where to sign on the cc slip and that was about it. She never gave us check out instructions or guest house instructions so we did have a few questions throughout the weekend that we had to call for help on - both of which occasions, we got no immediate answer and had to leave a message. That did not help us when we were trying to leave Sunday morning before they were open. The landscape/entry of the cabin is pretty rugged and looks actually a little wretched...but once inside it is very nice. There is no yard, it is all natural landscape, so it is not someplace we could bring kids in the summer and have them play outside - but the screen porch is a WONDERFUL place for evening drinks and conversation for the adults! We were there on a couples weekend and really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Brickyard location is between Red Cliff and Bayfield...just a couple of miles by vehicle. The Red Cliff Casino has free shuttle transportation and we used it from our cabin. It was a great location if you didn't mind driving into town! We drove in at evening time to walk around and dine and such.
1  Thank biz_e_b1984
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is a nicely kept place on Lake Superior. The grounds/gardens are immaculately maintained. The room was clean and fairly comfortable. The only negative that I had with it was that it was a lower level room and it had concrete blocks walls, which I don't find that inviting or warm. My advice would be to get an upper level room.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the lower level.
1  Thank NorthwoodsJuan