“Exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our guides Austin and Eli were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable as they were there to assist us from the moment we stepped out of our truck to the time we left. The sea cave tour was spectacular! We were able to do all of the caves during our trip because of the great weather and calm water. Our guides made the whole experience fun by including everyone in conversation while sharing great island cultural and historical information. My husband, teenage son and I all felt it was the best part of our trip to the Apostle islands.

1 Thank Outdoor_Mom_1

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's there not to like!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A girls trip to bayfield and sea caves with living adventure was the highlight..guides were so knowledgeable, lake was calm, caves were beautiful. A shore lunch hit the spot after a few hours of paddling. Did some great tight spots that can only get to when water is calm...We would use Living Adventure again

1 Thank Karen P
Tennesssee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our group of four, my husband and I and son and daughter-in-law, did the day long sea caves tour and it was amazing! None of us are experienced kayackers, although my son and dil have canoe experience and my husband and I had kayacked on a shallow, tame river once before. We were so impressed by the professionalism and attention to safety and to our needs shown by our guides. They were always aware of where everyone in the group was, falling back when necessary so no one was left behind, providing a well informed amount of information on the area, checking to see that everyone was enjoying the entire experience. The kayaks were in great shape and the wetsuits and aprons on the opening kept us warm and dry.
We were so blessed the day that we went to have perfect weather and smooth water, which meant we were able to get into all the caves, even some that often are unavailable. The caves themselves are beautiful, and well worth the trip to see them.
We had a wonderful, abundant and tasty lunch on a small beach, with an opporunity to stretch and rest before starting back.
I highly recommend Living Adventure!

2 Thank bookandcoffee
McHenry, Illinois
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A Great Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The full day trip of kayaking the sea caves of the Apostle Islands was a great adventure! Beautiful scenery, knowledgable, friendly, helpful and fun guides (Austin & Charlie)! I would go again in a heartbeat!

1 Thank TravelBuddy0406
Baraboo, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A week in the wilderness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I signed up for this 5 day kayaking adventure at the last minute. I was traveling alone and a little nervous because I had not been sea kayaking before and I did now know any of the people I would be with for 5 days. I could not be more pleased. We were a small group and seemed to bond instantly. Ben Wagner our guide was a perfect mix of teacher and encourager. He knows much about the flora, fauna and geological wonders of the Apostle Islands and would share interesting facts during the week. The food was the biggest surprise! It was like magic, every meal was better than the last. When was the last time you had pesto pasta with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes AND had the best view of Lake Superior imaginable? I would travel with this company again in a minute.

2 Thank Gretchen C