“Best Time of My Life on This Earth !!”

Living Adventure, Inc
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Bayfield
Marshfield, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Time of My Life on This Earth !!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband did the two-night overnight "Beaches, Waves, and Caves" experiences. Our guide was very friendly and warm and welcoming. He took excellent care of us. Teaching us the basics of paddling and taught us how to do wet-exits, capsize our kayak, and get back into in from the water. This freaked me out at first, be he said we had to do it and "Train" for safety reasons. I am NOT in shape. I am overweight and was scared I wouldn't be able to get back into the kayak. IT WAS SO EASY!! Our guide put me at ease and told me step-by-step instructions on what to do. We paddled out to sleep on Sand Island the first night. He cooked a GOURMET dinner for us. We got to camp on the beach and listen to the waves as we fell asleep. The next day included stopping at a lighthouse, kayaking through sea caves, and eating lunch on York Island. Also, gourmet, and cooked to order by our guide. That evening we set up camp on Oak Island and had time to go swimming, relax and go hiking. The next day we went hiking through the very remote, secluded, pristine island. We even saw a black bear just off the path! We yelled real loud and scared him away from us. The views from the top of the cliff of the north end of Oak Island are out-of-this-world. We could have stayed up there forever staring out into the vast, open, blue expanse of Lake Superior. We could even see part of the north shore. We had an AMAZING TIME. I highly recommend Living Adventure. I would not go with any other kayak company for overnight trips. They take excellent care of you!

Daisy
Rochester, MN

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Daisy B

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Full Day to Sea Caves”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just returned from Bayfield and experienced a full day sea cave adventure with Living Adventure guides Eldie and Eli. The trip was awesome. The guides were helpful, entertaining and informative about the area's history and sea kayaking. The equipment was excellent and the lunch was scrumptious. If you are thinking about kayaking to the sea cave, this is a great outfitter to paddle with!

2 Thank Dennis D
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our guides Austin and Eli were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable as they were there to assist us from the moment we stepped out of our truck to the time we left. The sea cave tour was spectacular! We were able to do all of the caves during our trip because of the great weather and calm water. Our guides made the whole experience fun by including everyone in conversation while sharing great island cultural and historical information. My husband, teenage son and I all felt it was the best part of our trip to the Apostle islands.

1 Thank Outdoor_Mom_1
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's there not to like!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A girls trip to bayfield and sea caves with living adventure was the highlight..guides were so knowledgeable, lake was calm, caves were beautiful. A shore lunch hit the spot after a few hours of paddling. Did some great tight spots that can only get to when water is calm...We would use Living Adventure again

1 Thank Karen P
Tennesssee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our group of four, my husband and I and son and daughter-in-law, did the day long sea caves tour and it was amazing! None of us are experienced kayackers, although my son and dil have canoe experience and my husband and I had kayacked on a shallow, tame river once before. We were so impressed by the professionalism and attention to safety and to our needs shown by our guides. They were always aware of where everyone in the group was, falling back when necessary so no one was left behind, providing a well informed amount of information on the area, checking to see that everyone was enjoying the entire experience. The kayaks were in great shape and the wetsuits and aprons on the opening kept us warm and dry.
We were so blessed the day that we went to have perfect weather and smooth water, which meant we were able to get into all the caves, even some that often are unavailable. The caves themselves are beautiful, and well worth the trip to see them.
We had a wonderful, abundant and tasty lunch on a small beach, with an opporunity to stretch and rest before starting back.
I highly recommend Living Adventure!

2 Thank bookandcoffee