“Great whitefish sandwich!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Every year visiting my family in Superior, WI, we make a trip to Bayfield, the town where my mom grew up. We always stop at the Pier Plaza for white fish sandwiches. It never disappoints. The food is always tasty, fresh and very delicious. Their sides are also very good; the sweet potato fries, onion rings and coleslaw.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had them without meat. I like that they add refried beans, but also an olive tapenade, large grain, to bring up the flavor. Real cheese too, it was a crunchy-chewy meal.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We got our meal as take out and brought it on the "Evening Grand Tour" with the Apostle Island Cruises. We decided late to do the cruise, and needed our dinner to go. They were great about meeting our request! The chicken caesar salad was delicious, but a little heavy on the dressing. I wish I had asked for the dressing on the side since we were not eating right away. The chicken quesadilla from the appetizer menu was fantastic and served with sour cream and salsa on the side. They included forks, knives and napkins and put it all in an easy to carry bag for us. We had our own beverages, so didn't need that included in our order. It was a great way to have dinner and take the cruise.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Solid bacon burger, with great sweet potato fries. Oddly enough, lettuce and tomato were extra charges. The atmosphere and view are the best.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love the food, and the chance to meet with locals, and visitors. The fish, sandwiches, and bar is superb. Keep up the great work Johnsons!!!