“Great View, Hearty Portions”

Portside Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 16 Restaurants in Bayfield
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Portside is located at Port Superior Marina, just two miles south of Bayfield on Highway 13. We're open seasonally - May thru October, when the boats are in the water. We offer casual waterside dining with both indoor and outdoor seating. Our All-American menu features burgers and sandwiches, pasta and salads, fresh fish, seafood and steaks, as well as a special menu just for kids. Join us for our Friday night Fish Fry, and Saturday night Prime Rib special! You'll love our wine list and specialty cocktails, too. Come and enjoy our beautiful marina views Tuesday thru Sunday! We open at 4pm for Happy Hour, and Dinner is served 5-9pm. Catch the Big Top Shuttle right outside our door! Portside's bar is open til 10 pm on Fridays and Midnight on Saturdays. Breakfast is served Saturdays & Sundays, 7 - 11am. Hope to see you soon!
Iron River, Wisconsin
“Great View, Hearty Portions”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The view at Portside is spectacular. There is nothing like dining with an expansive view of Lake Superior. The menu is a bit supperclubbish, which if that is what you are looking for, is fabulous. The portions are enormous. The price is what you'd expect for a nicer dining option with a lot of steak and fish choices. During our dinner, we experienced fabulous customer service. It was definitely busy but they clearly were staffed accordingly making it an all around great experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank NorthernWisconsin

Ashland, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Center Cut Filet!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you like steak, do not pass up the center cut filet with the red wine demi...hands down the finest steak you'll find in the greater Bayfield area! Great views, great food, great service, great atmosphere. Portside should be on everyone's 'must do' list when visiting the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Schlaves
Duluth, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grocery Bagged Salad and Canned Soup”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped at the Portside Restaurant in July, 2013 for dinner. The restaurant is well-visited , maybe because it's the only game in town. My husband ordered a baked potato and a bowl of chowder. The baked potato was dry and the chowder tasted like it came out of a can. I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad - a total waste of $14.99! The salad looked like it came out of a bag from the local supermarket; no scallions, no carrots and no honey mustard dressing. The salad was covered in caeser salad dressing with no sign of anything "Oriental" in the salad bowl. We asked the waitress to let the chef know that there was caeser dressing on this salad, and we asked if maybe they served me the wrong salad. The "chef"s message was that this was their honey mustard dressing and that they had not made a mistake. I told the waitress again that they did not serve me the salad I ordered. She insisted that this WAS the salad. I ate 3 bites and left the rest. We asked if they would adjust our bill, and they refused. My husband and I remained polite throughout the entire time since we did not wish to draw attention to ourselves or ruin other people's dinner experience. Bottom line: customer service is nonexistent, the chef was nowhere to be seen and the waitress forgot that she works in the hospitality industry. LOUSY restaurant. Don't waste your money.

• Visited July 2013
blaine, mn
“Great view, great salad”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I am leery when someone says they have an award winning anything. But, I could understand that about the salad. Very good!

My wife had the trout and liked it. I had the whitefish and baked potato. The whitefish was good but the potato was overcooked.

The view of the marina can't be beat and the meal would have been better if not for the lady sitting behind me who spoke so loudly that I had to raise my voice to be heard by my wife. But, not the staff's fault.

Recommend and would return.

• Visited August 2013
Beaver Dam, WI
“Wonderful dinner and atmosphere in Bayfield!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had the black tiger shrimp and it was wonderful! We asked for a window seat and the view is great. It is in Superior Marina so we saw all the sailboats go in and out of the marina! The waitress was very friendly as was the gentlemen in the bar area. We also had dessert and it was worth the calories! They do take reservations and we went at 5 because we were going to the Big Top show, but would not have needed reservations.

• Visited August 2013