“What a great and memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Owner description: Main City Dock in Bayfield Wisconsin
Copenhagen
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a great and memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I can only repeat the review made 5 September 2013 as this is exactly how my husbond and I would describe our experience with Captain Pete. He really tries to tailor make the trip for you. Moreover he is very flexiibale which was our luck as we were able to move our scheduled tour forward to a day earlier due to the weather forecast. We were supposed to go out from Cornucopia but due a thick fog just around Cornucopia he was unable to do that. He contacted us and suggested to leave from Bayfield instead and suggested a tour all the way up to Devils Island. It was a 3½ hours' tour and the sunset was so beautiful. The colours of the sea caves - oh my. And Pete's enthusiam is outstanding and so is his knowledge about the Apostles Islands as well. He made suggestions, asked about our interest on the tour, just a perfect guide!
We shall never forget this boat tour as it was probably our biggest experience on our trip to Lake Superior and Lake Michigan - and we had many wonderful experiences. This is thanks to Captain Pete. We highly recommend PMG Charters for your boat tour to the Apostles Islands.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mossi63

Glencoe, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I just got off the boat with Captain Peter and just had to write how wonderful of a time we had with him. First, I do not write alot of reviews. However, I will make an exception for Captain Peter. I do not have enough words to express our satisfaction. We were seriously deciding if we should contact PMG charters or take the "3 hour tour". For slightly more money, we risked PMG Charters and boy did the risk pay off. We took a 1.5 hour cruise of the sea caves in the late afternoon. He truly loves the Apostle Island area and is eager to show you everything you need to know about the area. The personal narration was worth the money by itself. He listens to your interests and tailors the cruise for you. I did not feel like a client but rather an old friend he has not seen in many years and wants to show me the Apostle Islands. He was even taking pictures on his phone along side us trying to snap a few pictures to capture the wonderful sites. The seas were a little choppy but with his magnificant seamanship skills he was still able to get us right into the caves. Even though we were passing our 1.5 hour time limit he still asked us if there was anything we wanted to go back and see again! He is a bright young man and you immediately can tell he loves his business, works hard, cares about his customers satisfaction, and a captain you can trust your life with. He exceeded my expectations so much I tipped him generously and told him I look forward to hiring him next season.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Thing1andThing2
River Falls, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“THE BEST way to See the Apostle Islands!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Where do I start!? First, I agree with all the previous reviews, fantastic! Captain Pete is knowledgeable and fun to spend an afternoon with. Do not hesitate to give Captain Pete a call, you will not be disappointed! Hurry, he will be booking up fast!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kathleenlt
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Great Way to See the Apostle Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

PMG tailors the itinerary for a personalized tour. In our case, since my husband was is a photographer, Captain Pete timed the order of the cruse to sure that we got the best light at each stop, and that we got up close to the sea caves for some great pictures. PMG may not be the cheapest way to go, but he is the best!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChitownMomma
Chicago
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“If you want a Private Tour-Cpt Peter is it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The water was rough and Captain Peter wisely cancelled the mid afternoon trip (he could have just taken the $ and offered a very rough ride). In stead, he dropped us off at Madeline Island and we meet up for a evening cruise. he adjusted the trip in the middle after he gauged our interest. We saw some awesome sea cave, heard great stories and had a smooth ride. We also saw 2 bald eagles up close but one can't guarantee that. Note there are some bathroom stops and place to walk or walk around.

Visited July 2013