“Great service --- we loved our king suite -- Highly recommend!!”
Review of The Bayfield Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bayfield
The Bayfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bayfield
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Drove up from MKE. Needed one night before we did the Ice Cave Hike, and the Bayfield Inn was perfect for us. We had a lovely King Suite in the "Garden Guest House" across the street from the main building. Not much of a view, but tasteful elegant decor, with a nice sitting area and little kitchenette area. Very clean / comfortable bed.

Had a Very good dinner next door at Pier Plaza (fish fry and cobb salad were great / service excellent)

Overall, thx to Bayfield Inn staff --- we had a great visit, and we'd highly recommend to others!

If you're planning to do the Ice Cave Hike, make sure that you talk to a Park Ranger about expected conditions for the day you plan to hike. Ice conditions are very changeable due to storms & winds. Icewalkers (mini crampons you can wear over your shoes) were very helpful (we got our at REI, I'm sure that Cabella's has them). Do not underestimate the windchill factor. When we did the hike it was 0 deg, with a windchill of -20. Ski goggles and many layers were mandatory (if you don't already have snowmobile or hunting clothes) The mile hike is not difficult, but can be tiring because of the terrain. I wouldn't take a dog unless the temps warm up. We saw a few dogs --- the breeds that were designed for ext cold looked fine, but a few of the other dogs were walking like their paws were hurting. Also note that camera batteries die quickly in extreme cold temps so take photos before your camera dies.
HTH Have fun!

1  Thank rollngstone

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Bayfield Inn is an adequate place to stay,however it is categorically nothing special.

As a repeat guest, I typically find that businesses will attempt to accomodate specific requests if at all possible. I inquired as to the availability of a room for one night in the middle of the week, next week. It's the dead of winter and the Inn is showing the majority of its rooms as available. I asked to check in one hour ahead of the stated check in time of 3:00. The staff refused that request, not once, but twice after I'd explained why I couldn't just "stop by" early and see if they had anything available.

I was looking to stay in one of the most, if not the most expensive room they had, and their refusal to adjust an arbitrary policy by one hour will cost them my patronage this trip and in the future. Subsequent to posting a review on TripAdvisor, I received another email from the Inn stating that they never refused to check me in early and that they do appreciate repeat clientele who are patient and polite. I was neither impatient nor impolite. They were patently unwilling (twice) to make a minor adjustment to a discretionary policy. Completely within their rights to do that, and completely within mine to share. It may not bother anyone else, and it's not my intention to deprive them of patronage - merely to share my experience.

Rather than spend time and energy arguing with me by email, it would have been very easy to bite the bullet, apologize and either extend me the courtesy of 60 minutes or not. Friendly customer service benefits them. It makes little difference to me if I stay at their lodging or somewhere else.

When I stayed there at the end of last summer (June 30, one night), the room was not particularly clean, the HVAC unit was extremely loud, and there was a natural gas leak in the doorway leading in from the parking lot. All in all, there are numerous better choices in the Bayfield area.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Denny1234
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Everyone at the Bayfield Inn is fantastic. We had a wonderful trip. The staff was helpful; pointed out some lesser known areas to travel. You all really made our vacation! The Inn is clean, rooms are nice, restaurant has great food Thanks to all of you

1  Thank K S
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Booked a quick unplanned trip to Bayfield to see the sea caves while Lake Superior was still frozen and found a room at the Bayfield Inn. The price was decent so booked without much research. No worries, it was perfect! Clean, really comfortable and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank macybean
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Room was clean and comfortable with a great view of the lake, although the heater units make some noise. It was a very crowded weekend, and the staff suggested a place where we could order pizza nearby. Refrigerator in the room. Coffee maker provided. Breakfast at the restaurant was tasty and the portions were large. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room if it's available