“Great Value”
Review of The Bayfield Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bayfield
The Bayfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bayfield
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service was wonderful, very helpful. We stay off site at the condos. They were beautiful, large, clean and newer. The staff allowed us to check in early as we had tickets to ride the boat tour, which helped getting thing settled for a short weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Bayfield Inn

Reviewed 26 May 2014

In April I spent a week at The Bayfield Inn.The atmosphere here is welcoming and warm. The entire staff pays attention to every detail and does its best to accommodate any needs; that applies to everyone in management, the bar staff, the dining room and the girls who take care of the rooms. It felt as if the people there, even the ones I just met, were long time friends. My room was located on the lakeside, providing the most gorgeous view of Lake Superior anytime, day or night. The dining room overlooks the lake, also, so there's an unobstructed view of the harbor for breakfast and lunch. The Inn is located right in town within walking distance of everything, which is very convenient. This was my second stay there and not my last. I hope to make another visit in the fall again this year and will definitely stay at the inn.

Room Tip: Choose a lakeside room if you're interested in the view. All those rooms look out over Lake Supe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I were there this last weekend (May 16-18, 2014) and WOW...we were so blessed!

From the reservation over the phone, to the check in, to the room, till we checked out...friendly service and great people that work there that we came in counter with! Very clean, light atmosphere, and peaceful area. We understand that it wasn't full tourist season but, it was Great!

We ate at the Portside Restaurant and that was recommended by Bayfield Inn receptionist...Fantastic!!!! For breakfast, we ate there at the Bayfield Inn and I had the Shipwreck that might not be right, but it was scrambled eggs, with cream cheese and bacon...YUM!!!

You, Bayfield Inn helped make our 24th Anniversary a real get away treat!!!

Thank you so Much!! We will return! Highly Recommended and we have and will continue to tell others of your Beautiful place and Friendly staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've been to Bayfield several times and have stayed in other places - there are many wonderful hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in Bayfield that are great. However, The Bayfield Inn is special for several reasons. I love taking my dog(s) along and The Bayfield Inn has several pet friendly rooms. We've stayed in the Isaac Wing House a couple of times now. The rooms are super clean, both roomy and cozy, and have great windows so you get a lot of natural light. The location is amazing - right on the city dock where you can watch how the lake intersects with the life of the people there. I met a friend for lunch at the Bayfield Inn dining room, where the food and service were both fantastic. Certainly the most attractive thing about the Bayfield Inn is the helpful and friendly staff. Whether making suggestions on interesting sites or activities, providing directions to get there, or making my dog feel loved, they are just the nicest people you could find anywhere. We have more trips to Bayfield scheduled and we will be staying at the Bayfield Inn.

Room Tip: We (my dog(s) and I) have been staying in the Isaac Wing House. We've stayed in the Blue Room a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at The Bayfield Inn for our anniversary on May 1, 2014. Service was wonderful and the staff surprised us with a special bottle of wine and an anniversary card. I would say they go above and beyond in providing a wonderful vacation spot. I just wish we could have stayed longer, but plan to do that in the future.
Marge & Bruce

Room Tip: We were in room 205 facing the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have been going to the Bayfield Inn off and on for our Anniversary celebration for years. It is one of our favorite places as it was always, clean, quiet and at a good price for the time of year we are there (April). This year we walked into our room and could not believe how nicely they had remodeled the room. The beds were of hotel quality, staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is great. Our stay was during the Gopher Hockey final four tournament. We went down and had a cocktail and asked the bartender if they would have the championship game on the next night. He left a note for the bartender that was going to be on duty, to make sure the game would be on for us Minnesotans. We will definately continue to return. Thanks Bayfield Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Travelling to the Bayfield area in the winter was a great introduction to the potential of this naturally beautiful area. This was a business trip, but it was my wonderful fortune to stay in a room with a lake view. I was able to watch the lake at various times of the day and watch it change from the backdrop of an almost spring day to the scene of a howling late winter blizzard. When the season opens, this place will be packed with people enjoying the scenery as well as the shops and restaurants near this small hotel on the lake. The interior of the rooms is totally new and very comfortable. Staff was very accommodating and one of the young men even helped me dig my car out of the snow. There is early day food onsite at the restaurant. Portions are more than generous. Several restaurants are within walking distance, but a 5 mile drive will take you to the Legendary Waters Red Cliff Nation Casino and Restaurant where wild rice and walleye are plentiful. We were able to experience winter and spring, now we want to see summer and fall when we return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayfield
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#2 of 16 in Bayfield

Been to The Bayfield Inn? Share your experiences!