“Fine for an overnight trip!”

Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Annapolis, Maryland
“Fine for an overnight trip!”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I was making a spur of the moment trip to Harper's Ferry National Park, and checked in to the Comfort Inn on Union Street. It is a modest place, no bells or whistles. Slighty showing its age, but clean and comfortable. I think there were maybe one or two other guests in the place! This is the off season for the area, so it was very quiet! Continental breakfast OK, although either the timer or the temperature of the waffle maker was off--slightly underdone....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We stayed here for a family wedding, and I cannot state enough how wonderful this staff was. They are absolutely awesome.
Yin, Randy, Allison, Travis....all of you made our exciting "wedding that turned into a blizzard" an event we will never forget.....
This was the only hotel within 30 miles that offered to shuttle us back and forth from a wedding/reception/hotel).
Randy and Yin went out of there way in the biggest snowfall blizzard in years to make sure we were all safe and got where we needed to be. The hotel was quaint, clean, and everyone was so helpful. Thank you so so much.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
San Bernardino
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed at this hotel with a large group for a wedding - the team at the hotel shuttled us where we needed to go AND took great care of us during a snow storm!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Yin, Randy, Alison and Travis could not have been nicer to us during our stay. They helped us through a nice little snow storm with flying colors.

If you go to Harper's Ferry, stay with them at the Comfort Inn.

Thanks !!
Kevin K.
Birmingham, Alabama

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Seabrook, Maryland
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I am a serious Advanced Amateur Film Only Photographer mostly using a Pentax Spotmatic F or a Pentax K1000 camera until I switched almost entirely DIGITAL 13 months ago when I found a Digital Pentax SLR K200D camera that met all my requirements for a reasonable price.

Last December (2008), on the first Saturday, I attended Harpers Ferry’s (HF) Soldier’s Prayer Day festivities and took many Digital photos of the day’s events. One event was a National Park Service (NPS) Living History (LH) volunteer (Todd Harrington) doing TINTYPE (Civil War Period) Photographs of various LH volunteers and various Historical buildings in Harpers Ferry. I was VERY intrigued by the process and the MOST wonderful images Todd was creating on Ferrotype (aka Tintypes) plates and regular clear glass plates (aka Ambrotypes).

This spring, the NPS/HF Living History department announced that the Park Service in conjunction with Todd would be offering a 2 Day Workshop/Class in HF on October 10th and 11th, 2009 from 9am to 5pm each day. Needless to say I signed up for it. I attended the workshop both days and had a MOST unusual experience actually creating Photographs using Mid-Late 19th century Photography Technology.

Thus this is how I came to stay overnight (Saturday, October 10, 2009) at the Comfort Inn on Union Street in Harpers Ferry, WVA.

I made the reservation for my overnight stay on the phone on September 11th with the Inn’s staff member Mary who told me checking time was 3PM, I told her about the class hours, she said “NO PROBLEM” just guarantee the reservation with a Major Credit Card and you can check in anytime that works for you.

Saturday’s class ended about 6:00pm as we(class members had to finish up the day’s work) after 5:00pm. It took us that much time for all 4 class members to “VARNISH” (protect) the images we recorded on glass plates during the day. By the time I got to the Inn to check-in it was maybe 6:30pm or so. I was checked-in to the Inn and assigned to my room (Number 206) by Travis in less than 10 minutes. 15 minutes later after moving my luggage to my room I was back out the door for dinner at the Secret Six Restaurant in downtown Harpers Ferry. Had a wonderful dinner and went back to the Comfort Inn for the night. The Secret Six Restaurant is a MUST place to eat AS is the Comfort Inn being the MUST PLACE to STAY in Harpers Ferry.

After returning to the Inn from dinner I cleaned up and got ready for leaving the next morning, I showered before going to bed as I wanted to get up early to pack my luggage back in my car and avail myself of the FREE continental breakfast before checking out Sunday morning and leaving the Inn for the second day of the class.

Shower Head is a Water Pik Massage Shower Head, I liked it so much I showered
for using it for nearly 30 minutes as my back and shoulders were sore from all the bending and stooping I had been doing all day during the class. Fabulous Bathroom with plenty of Towels and Bathroom Linen.

After the wonderful shower, I “hit the sack” after calling the front Desk for a 6AM Wake-UP call. That's when I discovered the most fully luxurious PILLOWS I’ve ever seen or used. BEST and MOST COMFORTABLE Sleep I’ve ever had. PILLOWS are FABULOUS. I told this to, either Mary or Travis Sunday Morning as I was leaving and asked them to please inform the manager and could I please find out where they got the Pillows.

A couple of days later the manager called me and told me the name of the pillows and where the Inn had obtained the pillows.

The first chance I get, I am going to order some of the same pillows for my home as
my current home pillows are at least 10 years old and are due for replacement.

I rate the Comfort Inn on Union Street in Harpers Ferry WVA FIVE STARS on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is TOTAL DISSATISFIED and 5 is UTILMATE SATISFACTION. The entire STAFF is to be commended for their personable and totally friendly service.

James W. Spinks
Seabrook, Maryland

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank JimSeabrook_Maryland
State College, PA
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I stayed here for work, and chose the hotel based on my generally high opinion of Comfort Inns. I was shocked when I arrived. The hotel has a nice staff but as the kind desk clerk admitted, "this is one of Comfort inn's older properties." The building is frankly depressing- inside and out. There is no work-out room, the carpets are dingy, and rooms in the two story structure face either a busy road, or a parking lot. The room was old and didn't feel clean- It wasn't that they were obviously dirty but the carpets, linens, furnishings were just sort of gross. The bathroom was clean and everything worked fine, but I couldn't wait to get out of the room.

This Comfort Inn isn't really in Harper's Ferry proper, but the walk into town is only about fifteen minutes. The breakfast is standard Comfort Inn- so not bad, but in a very cramped room. In retrospect I should have chosen the Quality Inn, which has a gym, pool, and grounds that you can at least walk around.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
wales, uk
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Really welcoming hotel. Clean and comfortable. Wxcellent base for harper's ferry. Sad that I had only booked one night. We will definitely be back. Special mention - lovely ladies on reception and in tavern.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry? Share your experiences!