“Perfect weekend getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spiral staircase to second floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Catherine...
“Perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The location is excellent - directly next to the river! This is a nice quiet respite away from the hustle and bustle of our nation’s capital. I would definitely book this rental again.

Your age range 35-49
WVUEERS21
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“A perfect, gorgeous weekend in beautiful West Virginia.”
Reviewed 5 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I visited Harpers Ferry last August (we stayed in town) and enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to bring our kids for a visit in the fall. We needed a larger space than a traditional B&B room, and the Riverkeeper Inn looked perfect. After reading other guests' reviews, we had high expectations. How rare and wonderful to have all of those expectations met and exceeded. Our children had a great time exploring in the golf cart, riding bicycles, fishing, and playing basketball, but they especially loved playing with Bill and Robin's dogs, Chloe and Lexi. My husband and I enjoyed having our morning coffee on the gorgeous deck and soaking in the breathtaking views of the river and surrounding foliage. We can't wait to return. Thank you, Bill and Robin, for a perfect weekend!

Jean C
“Mrs”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The cottage was beautiful. Clean and well maintained. The owner keep the cottage well stocked with everything we needed. Great view of the Potomac. We enjoyed the kakaying and biking. Just being able to spend some much needed alone time away from the craziness of the city. We like being in the country away from everything and everyone as the city life is very stressful and when you want a quiet get away for our 30th anniversary this was perfect. Thank you William and Robin.

stacy344
Adelphi, Maryland
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough about this gorgeous cottage! Everything and anything that I could possibly want was already available to me.

The location is stunning and I loved sitting on the water at night and looking up at the trees that were covered in these little bright lights that looked like stars. It was so peaceful and relaxing!

The Owners were lovely and I fell in love with their dog Cloe. I really felt like I was at home because they were just so inviting.

The cottage was clean and cozy and I just can't wait to go back.

Robert S
“Peaceful Getaway on the Gorgeous Potomac River near Harpers Ferry”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed 2 nights here for our 5 year anniversary. We also brought along our dog. We had plans to go into Harpers Ferry, but the amazing amenities this cottage has to offer kept us from leaving. We fished on the dock, hung out on our private deck overlooking the water, went for a tandem kayak ride with our dog, rode the golf cart around, rode bicycles, and watched cable television at night. There was a large field for our dog to run around in off leash and that was his favorite thing to do. The bedding was extremely comfortable, and we were able to cook breakfast each morning in the kitchenette (full sized fridge, microwave, toaster oven, 2 plate hot plate, sink, and all required dishes and utinsils. There were so many things this cottage had to offer that we were not able to do everything. We even found ourselves having trouble to get the motivation to leave for dinner each night. We will be making this a regular trip, provided there is availability. Bill and his wife Robin were so nice to us and met every need we had. The Riverkeeper Inn is a nice, quiet, semi-secluded property that gets you away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and the only thing I would change about my trip would be extending the length of my stay.

Your age range 25-34
jse68
“absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I don't want to talk to highly of the cottage because i want to keep it to ourselves, but it is too beutiful. Bring nothing because it has everything! only bring clothes and food. It is a beautiful well appointed cottage with all the modern amenities that i could live in, it's that spacious. It has everything you could need. I was looking for a quiet, peaceful and private weekend get-away for my GF and myself and i found it. We brought our dog Baxter and he had a better time then we did, running around in the open space and making new friends. Nicely located between Harpers Ferry and Shepherdstown. Less then 15 minutes away from either and nicer then and B+B you'd find in either location. Beautiful view of the the river. we will return in warmer weather to enjoy the river and the outdoor activities in town. And there is an Expresso Machine!
Thank you for opening your slice of heaven to us.

Management Response
1 Feb 2017
Wow what a wonderful review. Thanks, we are glad you loved it. Please come back we loved having you.

Bill and Robin
Riverkeeper Inn
Janine H
Martinsville, Virginia, United States
“Great Getaway Location”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The efficiency cottage is well thought out and offers nice amenities. (The espresso machine really makes a fine cappuccino!) Convenient to Harper's Ferry, Shepherdstown, Antietam National Battlefield, C&O Canal and AT. Pet friendly; lots of extras we did not even have time to use. Many thanks to the owners for creating this space.

As noted, the spiral stair is not suitable for everyone, but there are outside steps and the option of a sleep sofa. Shower is tiny, but quite functional! (Who wants to spend their vacation in a shower anyway?) Other guests left thoughtful notes and good restaurant suggestions, as well as a plethora of brochures and books on local attractions - very helpful.

Management Response
11 Jan 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate it.

Bill and Robin
Riverkeeper Inn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing