“Amazing stay at The Jackson Rose”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Jackson Rose B & B
Ranked #1 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay at The Jackson Rose”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a history buff I wanted to see Harpers Ferry and couldn't have found better period accommodation. The Stonewall Jackson Room was elegantly appointed and extremely comfortable. From the initial advice on where to go and what to see in the historic town to a relaxing glass of wine in the beautiful drawing room to the excellent freshly cooked breakfast, Phil and Deb welcomed us into their home and made us feel part of the family. Sadly we were only able to stay one night and it may be a little while before we return to this part of the US. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway from the city only an hour's drive from DC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our stay was exceptional. Our hosts picked us up in downtown Harpers Ferry so that we did not have to cycle up the big hill after a long day on the C&O Trail. They also helped us pick up sandwiches for our bicycle ride the next day. The house was beautiful and the our breakfast was done to perfection. Couldn't recommend this B&B any higher. Compared to our other stays, the rates were also very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmillerua
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Unfortunately, I was only able to stay in this lovely, elegant, cozy B&B for one evening and left early the next morning.

The house has an interesting history. The Jackson Rose room was spacious and well appointed down to every detail--alarm clock, drink coasters, pen at the desk, night lights, even a cork pull for wine bottles! I felt nestled in comfort when I laid my travel-weary head on the fluffy pillow.

I rose early the next morning to spend a little time reviewing the small library of books on the Civil War, biographies of historic figures, and information on the Harpers Ferry region.

Then breakfast was served. From the artfully cut fresh fruit, and fresh coffee and tea to the homemade sweetbreads and dainty butter pats, I was so full, I had no need for lunch!

I wish fervently I had had time to sit on the porch swing after breakfast and read before setting off on my tour of Harpers Ferry.

Deb and Phil were hosts extraordinaire. They were warm, friendly, and helpful. In addition, they work to introduce their guests so as to break the ice and promote interesting conversation.

I will definitely be returning--next time for a leisurely romantic vacation with my husband.

Room Tip: The house, as you would expect in an 18th century home, has stairs and no accommodations for wheelch...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelley D
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our room was nicely decorated and spacious (Linden Room) but the best thing about Jackson Rose is the wonderful hosts, Phil and Deb. Phil was extremely helpful with directions and tips about restaurants in the area and Deb was very personable and her scones were to die for. We were very impressed with the town of Harper's Ferry itself but the personal touch we received at Jackson Rose enhanced our enjoyment of the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amagansett, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I spent a lovely night at the Jackson Rose B&B. Phil and Deb, the innkeepers, could not have been more friendly and accommodating. We were unable to stay in the room that Stonewall Jackson stayed in but, instead, stayed in the Linden room (a Linden tree is outside). The room is large and lovely with period pieces throughout. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom large and very clean. When we arrived Deb showed us around, gave us a little history of the house, answered any questions we had and asked us what time we wanted breakfast. The dining room was beautiful and breakfast was special. We were served fresh berries, homemade warm cherry muffins, homemade warm biscuits, quiche, juice and coffee, all of which were expertly prepared. I highly recommend making the Jackson Rose House the first choice for accommodations when visiting Harpers Ferry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarasota FL
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I spent a week in T ^ room on the top floor. The room was lovely, with plenty of space to spread out, watch TV and do work. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. Although the bathroom is small and a bit dated, there were plenty of big fluffy towels. The entire B and B was exceptionally clean and comfortable with to sitting rooms exclusively and a nice collection of videos to watch in one of the sitting rooms. There is also a small refrigerator text guests can use. I looked into one of the other guestrooms – the Linden room – which is grander and has a larger and nicer bathroom.

I spent my time hiking and exploring the HarpersFerry neighborhood. I didn't have a car, but I was able to take the local bus to Charles Town, which is of historical interest.

From DC, you can get to HarpersFerry by Amtrak or MARC train as well as by. car. My hosts were lovely and even provided transportation to and from the train station.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What makes a stay at the Jackson Rose B&B is the personal touch from Deb and Phil. The bedrooms, bathrooms etc are very comfortable but it is their attention to detail that really makes their hues such a delight to stay in.
If you are looking for a B&B in Harpers Ferry then start here - nothing could be better.

Room Tip: All great.Top floor is best suited for families with 2 children
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to The Jackson Rose B & B? Share your experiences!