“Great flat water trip for the whole family”
Review of River Riders

River Riders
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This a a good family trip. It was more like 45 minutes to get from the drop off point to the get out point. But the AWESOME staff let us ride as many times as we wanted. So we were able to reapply the sunscreen, have a drink and take the bus ride back up to do it again. Then it started to rain after getting in the water for the third time. We went to the side and climbed up thought we would have to walk the rest of the way. But our trusty River Rider bus was there to pick us up in less than a minute. This was GREAT customer service. The flat water trip was great for relaxing, families with young kids.

2  Thank Sarah50827

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Spent a Friday morning at River Riders zippin the canopy. My first time and I was a little nervous, but our guides, Henry & Steve were outstanding. Safety was their first priority, our lines were always tethered. And what a blast!!! Besides the excitement of zipping thru the trees and taking in the beautiful scenery, our guides told hysterically cheesy jokes! By far the best adventure I've had in years. The price was good. We had 4 in our party and 6 others joined us. Lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Lots of fun and I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment we signed up to do the zip line canopy tour the experience was great. The ease of signing up. The check in process was easy. Follow their advice and arrive early. The guides were hysterical. They kept us in stitches with jokes and fun comments. The guides were knowledgeable and you could tell they loved being there. The zip lines were awesome and th views of the Potomac river were grand. We also did the new mega zip line. Hold on to your hat for that one because it is 1200 feet of speeding fun!

1  Thank crew3lt
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Our first time rafting and it was GREAT!! Jack our guide was amazing!! We had SO MUCH FUN! Everyone at this company was amazing!! Totally coming back again!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

First off, I'm from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, so I am not used the country. However, it was very easy to find their location since it's right out in the open. This was my second time water rafting and my first time zip lining. I'd only been water rafting once before and it was a great experience, but this topped it. It had just the right amount of big drops and small obstacles to make it challenging but also extremely fun. The guide was knowledgable about the history of the places we passed and showed us many historical spots. Zip lining was also a great experience. My son got scared at first and didn't want to jump, but some staff stayed after it was closing so he could do it, and he was so happy. There were a numerous number of zip lines and all of them were scary to jump off of at first but rewarding once you did. Overall, it was an amazing experience that topped all other ones I've ever done. The staff was all super accommodating and made us feel welcome. I would recommend this trip to anyone who likes the outdoors and adventure!

2  Thank Gina G

Been to River Riders? Share your experiences!