“Great day!”
Review of River Riders

River Riders
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Rockville, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were a group of seven ranging in age from 8-66. We participated in the Aerial Adventure park in the morning and the White Water Rafting in the afternoon. River Riders was extremely well organized from our first contact to reserve the day throughout our entire experience. The adventure park is challenging but fun. Team building and family encouragement became part of the morning and certainly helped those less able than others. The kids actually were the most successful! The rafting was amazing! Our guide was well trained and knowledgeable about the area and local history. Everyone had a wonderful time! We highly recommend River Riders!!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“White water tubing - very organized outfitter”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Everything about River Riders was a good experience. Reservations were easy and talking to real people to make changes was remarkably pleasant. We got there and there were hundreds of people lining up (it was 4th of July weekend), but they were organized and we were through the lines and on a bus to the drop off site in less than 30 minutes. After a 15 min bus ride, we were dropped at the river and had a 2 hour float - some arm paddling early but also some fun rapids. They supply life preservers and you dont have to be a good swimmer! This was really fun and we are planning to take a group back! Our only criticism is that the take out area is not well marked and this caused us some anxiety as we tried to find it! Make sure you get them to give you clear directions on where to get out of the river!

1 Thank A2freqtrav
Cincinnati, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks for a lot of fun!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We did the zip line tour on 7/5. Our guides Sarah & Chris were awesome! Safety first - but they provided a lot of fun too. We appreciated their helpfulness. A great experience for the family!

1 Thank Mickeymagtic
Sterling, Virginia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Adventure Park Fun”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was asked to go to this park to try an obstacle type course and zip lining. Being that I have a fear of heights and wanted to try zip lining I thought let's work my fears and go. We had pre-registered and completed the waivers online to save time. The check in process was not bad as we arrived a few minutes before our start time. You basically have two hours to complete as much of the course as you can.

The staff provided a safety briefing and demo and listened to what our group said about not having done this before and my fear of heights. There are five levels that you can work your way through. I must admit it took me an hour to complete the first (Canary) level. But I did it! The staff was always in sight on the ground in case I had a problem or needed assistance. I let several people go ahead of me so I would not hold up any lines.

The 15 year old with me went ahead quickly and I think was on his third level before I finished the first. But I say again - I FINISHED!

I only had one problem and that was with the net. When I tried to get out of the net to the platform there was a hole and I get kept getting stuck. I started getting tired and the staff immediately called for assistance with the net. The next thing I know there is a young man with a ladder and he climbed on the platform. The whole time he is talking very calmly to me to be sure I was not in a panic or anything. He was extremely encouraging. He pulled the net tight and I climbed my way out. I will admit it was not the prettiest exit, but again I did it. I then made it to the zip line.

My friend (the 15 year old) made it through four levels before calling it a day.

We did go on one of the hottest days in July so far this year, but they have a shade tent and do provide cold water. I did recommend perhaps a mister of some type.

All-in-all a wonderful outing and a great way to entertain a teenager for a few hours.

Did not try the river rides this day, but perhaps another day.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Canopy Tour”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Did the canopy tour today with my husband and 11 year old son. Highly recommend pre-booking and paying online. When you do that also fill out your waiver form online, if you do this checking in will go so much quicker for you. Our guides were Alyssa and Melissa and they were awesome! These gals are so much fun! Was our first time zipping and we can't wait to go again! Safety was always the top priority and it was an amazing adventure. We will definitely do the Mega Zip with the superman harness on our next trip. Thanks for a memory making day ladies!!

Visited July 2014

Been to River Riders? Share your experiences!