“Simple Deli”
Review of Cannonball Deli

Cannonball Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ate here while roaming around downtown Harpers Ferry. The food was good, though nothing all that special. The gyros platter was good and had a large portion of food. The ambiance is casual on the street side. This is a good place if you want good food but don't need the ambiance of being in a historical park.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The service was ok nothing to brag about nothing to complain about. Food was ok, a bit pricey for sandwiches and bar food. I will try another place when I return

1  Thank mzzlol
Reviewed 25 April 2014

You have to look for this place. It's down a few stairs and in a basement but it's worth finding it. My husband and I had lunch there and were a little put off at first. It's a little dark and like everything in Harpers Ferry very old but clean. The staff couldn't be nicer and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was plentiful and very good. My husband and I didn't want to be carrying food around so we split a lunch and got fries on the side. It was effort for both of us and we had fries left over. I would definitely eat here again next time we're back.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The location is small, but fits in well with the compact downtown of Harpers Ferry. We went on a nice late winter day, and it was about half full- I think they may have just opened up for the season, after being closed over the winter months.

Both our chicken burrito and gyros were nicely prepared and tasty, and our server made sure we were happy, even anticipated we would need a little extra dressing for the side salad. We just had waters, so was only $10 each pre-tip.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I came here on the recommendation of a federal employee who works nearby. I told him I was headed to "X" restaurant and he said that I may want to try the Cannonball Deli. Well, since I am a volunteer with Company D, First US Artillery at Fort Washington NHP, Maryland; a eatery with a name connected to artillery is okay by me. They are in a basement. If you are at the corner of High Street and Shenandoah Street looking up High Street, it's the third or fourth door on the right. I had a Greek dish that begins with an "F". It was wonderful. No Costco or Sam's Club bought food and re heated. This was FRESH FOOD and big portions. The fountain drinks are refilled after the first purchase. They have Hershey ice cream at a lower cost than the "X" restaurant I was going to go to. The employee behind the cash register was the waiter. He had a Greek accent and seemed to be of college age, so I assumed he was the son of the owner. He could not have been nicer. The cook, who was also college age, never said anything to me. So, I could not detect an accent. They had six shelves of books on the far wall of the restaurant. Some were related to the Civil War and Harper's Ferry but couldn't figure out why they would have them. The place is small so I would not want diners to "overstay their welcome" so room could be made for new arrivals. Reasonable prices (as compared to other places in Harper's Ferry) and very clean. I gave the waiter / cashier a twenty percent tip. I think I have found my new default restaurant in the lower town of Harper's Ferry !

6  Thank HFC