“Great customer service”

Bisou Bistro at The Canal House
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in a charming 1790's stone house in historic Harpers Ferry-Bolivar, Our Menu is seasonally changed to offer classic New Orleans Cajun & Creole French cuisine. We focus on, fresh, delicious, local food in a friendly and casual atmosphere. While holding true to our South Louisiana Heritage, we also have developed gluten free and allergy sensitive versions of most items. Owner & Executive Chef Kevin Plunkett, a New Orleans Native and Classically trained French Chef, is passionate about sustainability and supporting local producers whenever possible. Together with his wife Amanda, they have made a commitment to transform a little slice of West Virginia into Cajun Country with a dash of South Louisiana Hospitality and traditional New Orleans fare.
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was going to give this place an average rating but I was really impressed with the way they handled a slight problem so I rated them higher. We were here for lunch and I had the tuna sandwich which was good. My husband had the turkey club and he was not that impressed. I think the main problem was that the restaurant served the salad on the same plate and the vinaigrette dressing from the sandwich soaked into the bread of his sandwich! As we were paying our bill, they asked if everything was okay and my husband told them he was not impressed with the turkey club nor the way it was presented on the plate. I told them my tuna salad sandwich was good. The cashier said no problem and she removed the turkey club from the bill! We said she did not have to do that but she insisted. Wow! That tells you a lot about how much they respect the opinions of their customers. So, thank you Canal House for handling this minor problem in a very respectful way.

1 Thank goodhikers1986

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“adorable and yummy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The beet salad with goat cheese and walnuts was great; very cute atmosphere, good service, and dog-friendly (on the patio!)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank beckywecky
“New Owners; The Food is ohhhhhhh sooooooo good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our third visit, I think to this little restaurant. The food was good then. Well, how could it get any better? It did! My husband ate all of the chicken salad sandwich. I ate all of the C&O Canal sandwich. Iced tea was a choice: traditional or green. Green tea, of course! By the time we left even the room upstairs had diners. Ohhhhhhhhh, we will return :)

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Walked up the hill after cycling to Harpers Ferry. It was a bit of a hike up but the lunch was great. The ham, apple brie sandwich on wholegrain bread was wonderful. My sweet heart had the chicken & bacon salad and it too was wonderful.

“Healthy and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Very happy we chose the Canal House. The service was excellent. Our server was attentive and polite. Food portions were more than enough. The featured dinner was vegetable lasagne made from organic products. It was delicious. My husband favorite strawberry rhubarb cobbler hot with organic vanilla ice cream was excellent and just right in portion. A definite stop in Harpers Ferry.

2 Thank BackMtnDuo