“Amazing place”
Review of Armory Quarters

and 1 more site!
Armory Quarters
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here. The owner Carrie greated us at the door. She showed us in and even got a fire going for us in the fireplace. Everything about this place was wonderful including the owners. There was shampoo and all the necessities you would need there. Surprised to find a fully function kitchen and even a washer and dryer as well. Relaxing by the fire was a welcomed vacation from wifi and cable but it is also there and ready to be used if that's what you choose. The whole town is friendly and my husband and I would gladly stay at the armory quarters again when we visit. Thanks again Carrie .....you made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and I couldnt complain about anything. Perfect location for a 3 min drive down Washington St. into the town of Harpers Ferry. Other than it getting pretty cold, (we did have to move the little portable heater from room to room) the house was cool, old and creepy in a good way, and perfectly set up for a Romantic Getaway. The kitchen had everything you need to cook your meals and everything was clean. I would stay here again and again. Very Pleased!

Room Tip: Bring stuff to make food...and your weekend will be great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at the Armory Quarters with my husband and our dog for our anniversary weekend in late June 2013. We wanted to spend time at Harpers Ferry National Park and this seemed like a great option as it is only a 5 minute drive from the park. Our rate was $150 per night + tax which was reasonable given the location and pet-friendliness.

Now to the negatives - there was a lot of dust and debris (dead bugs) under the bed - my dog started to sniff as soon as we got into the room and I made the mistake of looking under there - wish I hadn't! We arrived late in the day, had a pleasant dinner at the Canal House Cafe and then made our way back to our room. It was dark at this point and not one lamp or lighting fixture was working! It was a rough first night trying to maneuver in the dark. We were able to plug in a lamp the next morning but it would have been nice to come into a property prepared room. Final comment - be prepared to BYO toiletries such as soap, shampoo, etc. I was told that the accommodations did not include breakfast but I've never heard of a place beyond a campground not having basic bars of soap and mini shampoo bottles!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adicorleto
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here for three nights May 30 to June 2 of 2013. Tremendous value, very well maintained property, immaculately clean, you can tell from the many notes on how to work things to the welcome basket filled with "things you might forget (like sunscreen)", that the owners the Gauthiers really know how to maintain a rental house.

You walk in, there is a small living area with cable, wifi, and books ... Well equipped kitchen. Upstairs on the second floor is a bedroom with a double bed, very clean and well maintained ( and provisioned) bathroom. Third floor bedroom has two twin beds. All bedrooms have Air Conditioning.

My 13-year old son was a little freaked out to sleep upstairs by himself so we just pulled the simple futon mattress into my bedroom and he slept on the floor, which was a ver reasonable accommodation and he said he slept great.

House is centrally located in Harper's Ferry. 7-11 is right up the street.

Tremendous value and great property!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bodie28270
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed in the "Armory Quarters" property in early February 2013 and loved it. Its within walking distance of everything Harpers Ferry has to offer. Across the street is the Canal House Cafe, which specializes in serving natural, homemade cuisine. When I got there, there was firewood stacked on the inside and outside of the house so keeping warm via wood stove was no problem, but the owners also offer plenty of electric space heaters in case you don't want to build a fire. This vacation rental also comes with a washer and drier and a fully stocked kitchen. The master bedroom contains a comfortable queen size bed and upstairs is a perfect size room if you are travelling with children that contains two twin beds. There is also a futon on the first floor by the fireplace. If you stay there when the weather is warmer be sure to enjoy the rocking chairs on the front porch. I had a wonderful stay there and would certainly recommend this vacation rental to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Justin M
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at the Burrell House (one of the properties just around the corner and under the same management as the armory quarters) with my girlfriends after a winery tour a couple weeks ago. It was cozy and charming. The house is beautiful and there is plenty of space for up to 6 (with 2 sleeping on the pull-out in the living room. It's also dog-friendly, which was nice for us so we could bring the pup :)

I had no problem getting in touch with the reservationist who was helpful and pleasant.

There is space for a fire outside, but it was a bit chilly so we used the gas fireplace. We had a tough time getting it lit and called the owner. Literally within minutes of getting off the phone there was a knock on the door and a nice gentleman lit it for us.

As an aside, I also stayed at the Armory Quarters with my Husband a few weeks prior and that place was small and cozy as well. It is heated by a woodstove (the heat doesnt seem to work quite right) so you should bring some extra blankets and warm socks if you visit in the winter! Good times! We will be back, for sure. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband, 4 year old son and I stayed in the armory quarters for the weekend for my birthday. The lodgings are great. There was wood cut and stacked outside for the woodstove. The house was very clean. The unit has a washer and dryer for use and a well stocked kitchen. There is a foldout futon style couch in the living room that was comfy as the hubby and I slept on it the second night to be next to the fire. The bedroom has a nice bed and tv but no cable, so bring dvds. The attic upstairs has 2 twin beds and is perfect for kids but may be a bit tight for adults, in my opinion if 2 couples, stay in living room. There us also a pack n play for use. We loved staying here and would stay again. The only downside was the service. When trying to book it was impossiblte to get a hold of anyone, also when trying to get booking confirmation. So sad cause its a great place if you can ever get through to book.

• Stayed: April 2011
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Light Horse Inn
Light Horse Inn
#5 of 11 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Armory Quarters? Share your experiences!