“Kraut dog”
Review of Swiss Miss

Swiss Miss
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American
Description: Hello... Please, I need someone to contact me immediately. I DID NOT submit anything to anyone stating that the location is closed...and that status needs to be changed immediately. The town is already going through some disruptive, poorly scheduled construction, and now this major 'business impacting' issue on top of it. How can this happened, how is it allowed to happen, and an investigation needs opened immediately, to see who/how they did it. Thank you, Keith Marks 240-457-2438
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were in Harpers Ferry for 2nd Annual Harpers Ferry Bouv Walk and wanted just a quick snack. Our group (4) had a kraut dog, corn dog, soft pretzel and drinks. Food was ordered at the counter with drinks served at the counter. Food was served promptly. All of the food was very good. If we are back for 3rd Annual Bouv Walk we will stop by again.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were drawn to Swiss Miss because of the sign that said they were now serving South Mountain Creamery. The menu was extensive with a lot of dessert and non dessert options and lots of flavors. I chose a chocolate dipped ice cream on a cone (why hold back when on vacation?) and it definitely hit the spot. It was necessary after trying the custard next door the day before. Really you can't go wrong here and the portion was generous.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is the best ice cream shop in town by far.... we've been to both. They give you a huge cone for just a single dip. The raspberry chocolate chip flavor should not be missed!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

July 5 was very hot and humid, so the ice cream business was fast and furious! Their soft server raspberry/vanilla swirl was very good. Disappointed that they wanted to charge me full sunday price for a squirt of hot fudge, which I did not get. Sundays are option for soft serve ice cream or regular scoop ice cream. Limited seating around the service window. We did not go inside, and ate only ice cream.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

So it seems like the rave reviews are for their ice cream - I just assumed their lunch fare must be decent as well...well, we wen't there for lunch and had to wait 15-20 min even though we were early (around 11:45am). The food was far less than what I expected and the dining room was cramped and had plenty of flies in it. I would definitely skip it and find another lunch location.