“Neat old restaurant, good food, nice setting”

Coach House Grill n' Bar
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Description: Find reviews on Yelp
Laurel, Maryland
“Neat old restaurant, good food, nice setting”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A group of about 8 of us stopped here after hiking and walking around the Harper's Ferry area. The outdoor seating looked great, but we opted to eat in. The building is original and you can see it in the exposed stone walls around the restaurant, especially on the lower level.

We may have gotten the same server I read about in a previous review. There was a touch of attitude in her service. It created a minor awkward moment during the ordering process, but we didn't see it again. Other servers seemed friendly and responsive from what I could tell. I wouldn't hesitate to return because of it.

Everyone ordered all kinds of items off the menu and everyone seemed happy with their orders. The quality of the food was very good and portion sizes were appropriate.

Price was a little above what I expected, though for the quality, nature of the restaurant and it being in a touristy area, it is reasonable and understandable. This wouldn't deter me from going back either.

A good stop that I would recommend to anyone considering this restaurant.

1 Thank RandomTraveler76

Newark, Delaware
“Fun place to kick back a few beers”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited here on Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. This was the perfect place to relax with a few beers and have a meal. The staff were super friendly and the bartender (I think her name was Claire) was awesome. You can't beat the location. Its right downtown while being just far enough back that you don't have to move through swarms of tourists to get in. Great place and highly recommended!

1 Thank TerpyTraveler
“Finally- A dog friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We rode bikes from Shepherdstown to Harpers Ferry with our two dogs. This establishment had a sign saying that they are dog friendly, so we ate out on the patio/courtyard. Perfect place to grab an easy lunch and a cold beer. My only complaint, our waitress would roll her eyes at other customers so I would have hated to see what she was doing behind our backs. She threw the hostess's wash rag on the ground right in front if her and yelled at her because it didn't belong there (mind you, the hostess was cleaning up after our waitress)- I felt bad for anyone that crossed paths with our waitress, she was filled with attitude. Otherwise, it was a perfect afternoon.

3 Thank Shorething85
B'more
“Buckets, buckets and more buckets!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Great place in town, the food came our fast our waitress was amazing! thanks! Megan. The outside sitting was great and the buckets of beer were cold and cheap. Will return on our next trip.

2 Thank Backpacking15
Truckee, California
“Delicious burger”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I don't usually have high expectations for burgers from restaurants, but this burger has earned Coach House 4 stars instead of the 3 I would normally give them. The meat was great quality and it tasted like I had grilled it myself on the back porch. So much flavor!

The patio area was nice with plenty of space between the tables. Service was a little slow, but it was also later in the evening on a Sunday when Harper's Ferry has lost all its weekend tourist traffic and everything is starting to close down. The hummus was homemade, prices were reasonable, and overall I'd go back. And I would definitely get that cheeseburger again!