“Good twice in a row”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was there October 2012 and again this month. The place has no pretense or contrived atmosphere, but the food is very good and reasonably priced, especially in the context of Harpers Ferry tourism. One could do worse.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've eaten in a lot of Italian restaurants like this over the years: lineoleum floors and formica tables with a countertop in the back to order.

I will give them a thumbs-up for being open on a Sunday night, because apparently nothing in Harpers Ferry is. The food was fine... really not more than that. I had a salami sub and it was jam-packed with salami, slathered with mayonnaise and covered in toppings. It was so large I could've easily eaten half for dinner and the other half for lunch, but we were on a bike trip and I didn't want the mayonnaise to spoil.

The whole restaurant smelled like delicious pizza, but they'd apparently shut the oven down for the night. Even though it was 8:30 and purportedly they didn't close until 9, it was practically deserted and we were handed our food in to-go bags. I can take a hint...

Bottom line: Fine food, gigantic portions, mediocre service.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We went to Vista Tavern and ended up leaving because they never came to our table. It was our last night in town and it was disappointing to have the one bad experience on the last night. However- we ended up giving this place a try instead and it was the exact opposite. Super friendly server and the food was great! We didn't get anything fancy- salads, slice of pizza and a pepperoni roll. It was all tasty though, especially the roll that I got. I will have to return for one of those during the next trip. So, thank you, Mena's for saving the night! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

After a day riding the C & O Canal we stopped into Mena's for dinner. If you want wine or beer it's BYOB, and you may do that. I had the Meat Raviolli with sauce. It was succulent, juicy, flavorful & filling. It came with a simple yet very fresh salad and well buttered garlic bread. My sidekick also had pasta; ziti with meatballs/sauce. She loved it. This place is a really good value. It's a linoleum floor and ice tea kind of place, think hidden gem! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our rafting guide recommended Mena's, so we gave it a shot (particularly since there are very few restaurants open for dinner in Harper's Ferry...not sure why). There were 11 of us for dinner including 5 kids. The adults ordered Italian dishes (non-pizza) and they were large portions and very good food at reasonable prices. The kids ordered pizza. It looked like NY style (very flat) and the kids liked it. They do not serve any alcohol, although they do allow you to bring in your own. There happens to be a beer/liquor store a block or so away, so we bought a 6 pack of beer and brought it in. The atmosphere is extraordinarily casual and I would describe it similar to a carry-out pizza/sub shop kind of feeling. We were their only customers (it has a very small area for seating), but with good food and good company, we enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank Kmacdona