“Good food, nice spot, little overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Town's Inn

The Town's Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
just outside of baltimore
“Good food, nice spot, little overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice in 2 days. Turns out the town of Harpers Ferry is quite a bit smaller than we thought and most places close early so we had to repeat some stops. This one wasn't a disappointment.
The Town's Inn is very pretty and there are 2 spots to eat outside-- out back as well as in front, plus some tables inside the restaurant. Out back was rather noisy w what I assume was an air conditioner and there were some flies and gnats buzzing around-- what are ya gonna do though, it is outside and shady and there were some damp spots from a recent rain I assume-- we chose to go back thru the restaurant and sit out front, though it was beautiful out back there. Maybe on a different day. Anyway, out front was perfect for us and the food was great. Husband's pulled pork BBQ was prob the best pork BBQ either of us have ever had, so that's pretty huge, plus he LOVED his crunchy coleslaw. My cheeseburger was great and the kids mac and cheese was better than most. Fries were nothing to write home about, kinda floppy and soggy. Hot dog, meh. The bad part was just the price. Everything a la carte and it definitely added up fast. It's vacation though, have to expect it to be on the pricy side I suppose.
Next morning we had the waffles (yum!), sausage gravy biscuit (also yum but the biscuit was an exact match for a pillsbury layers biscuit... hmm), and the 3-egg breakfast skillet (yum yum yum).
Wait staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the sundries section seemed well stocked and reasonably priced. Only negative was the price for some of the food; $10 sandwiches should at least come w chips IMO-- and $4 for soggy fries or a small dish of plain brown rice is too much. Added up those things came to almost $15 for us and we barely touched them. Wouldn't keep me from going back though, I'd just skip those items. Wish I'd tried the pot pie too..

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank nikkinicole

London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast on the porch in the sunshine - bliss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The title really says it all. Good coffee, good breakfast, good friendly service by people who plainly enjoy what they do. And what a beautiful spot!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank arkadina58
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Great stop on a hot day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Small restaurant, but extremely accommodating staff. I wanted iced coffee, and although not on the menu, I got it. We ordered the guocomale, and I must say it was one of the best outside Texas!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Myla K
Austin
“Enjoyable evening. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We got off the c&o trail to stay at a b&b in harpers ferry. Since we are traveling by bicycle we were pretty much limited to the restaurants on the lower part of town and based on reviews of the restaurants here I wasn't optimistic , but we did have an enjoyable dinner at the Towns Inn. Everything is a la carte, but we had the chicken pot pie and vegetarian lasagna which were enough for a meal and not too expensive, and the wine was a good sized serving. The servers were friendly and the back patio with the stone wall and fireflies was kind of neat. We met another couple who had just finished the southern half of the Appalachian Trail and had eaten there when they had hiked on from the north last year, so it was good enough for a return visit!

2 Thank PIAustin
Washington
“Overpriced and eclectic, but tasty after a day hike”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been here a few times for lunch, usually after a long hike. After handfuls of dry trail mix, pretty much any hot food sounds appealing to me. So far we've tried the veggie burger, house stew, pulled bbq pork, and lots of hot greasy fries. Everything was delicious. Nothing fancy, just good simple food. The inside of the house is eclectic - shelves of dry goods and drinks available for thru-hikers and bikers to stock up. Various sundries such as sun hats, first aid kits, macrame purses, and small bibles are also available. You kind of get the feeling that if you reeally wanted a bible, they would just give you one. I always leave this Inn with the same feeling you get after visiting an elderly neighbor who fixes you a nice homemade lunch.

A few downsides, namely the prices and the not so homemade iced tea. On our most recent visit, the iced tea had a weird smoky taste to it, like someone was brewing the tea and dropped their cigarette in the batch. Turns out it was iced tea from concentrate..I'm going to guess that the iced tea jug needs a good washing too. The other issue was the price. We're in the tiny town of Harper's Ferry and they're charging DC prices for a sandwich. No fries or sides included. You're paying $10-13 for a sandwich. Just a sandwich. I think on our next visit, it's time to start branching out for our post-hike meal.

• Visited July 2014