“Get the BBQ and peach cobbler”
Review of The Town's Inn

The Town's Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Harpers Ferry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the town's inn for dinner this evening. We sat in the back, which was cooler and had a pretty nice atmosphere. At the recommendation of the waiter, (who was also the cook), we got the BBQ and the mother in law got the pot pie. The BBQ was the cook's own recipe, and it was tender and VERY good. We also had french fries as a side and they were fresh cut, home made and very good as well. The pot pie was also very good. My mother in law ordered the peach cobbler a la mode which we all tried and to say it was fantastic probably isn't as good enough of a positive descriptive term. It was about as good a dessert as any of the best ones Ive had in the past.

My review is based on these dishes. I don't know about the other entrees.

4  Thank booshkie1

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had lunch in the rear rock garden which was very quaint but had a few small issues like stacking equipment and stuff behind the building in our view. The waiter was excellent providing very good service. We shared the roasted half chicken and cole slaw. The chicken was nicely done and very tasty. The cole slaw was different with large pieces of cabbage and baby carrots. Quite refreshing and sweet with a little tang. I would definitely go back again to try some of their other dishes. This is a beautiful old inn.

2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stopped here today for breakfast at about 10:45 and ate in the back, next to a 30ft rock wall on a very peaceful patio. Was wonderful, the staff were friendly and just attentive enough to make you feel cared for. It was clean and the food was great and they have excellent coffee.

Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice in 2 days. Turns out the town of Harpers Ferry is quite a bit smaller than we thought and most places close early so we had to repeat some stops. This one wasn't a disappointment.
The Town's Inn is very pretty and there are 2 spots to eat outside-- out back as well as in front, plus some tables inside the restaurant. Out back was rather noisy w what I assume was an air conditioner and there were some flies and gnats buzzing around-- what are ya gonna do though, it is outside and shady and there were some damp spots from a recent rain I assume-- we chose to go back thru the restaurant and sit out front, though it was beautiful out back there. Maybe on a different day. Anyway, out front was perfect for us and the food was great. Husband's pulled pork BBQ was prob the best pork BBQ either of us have ever had, so that's pretty huge, plus he LOVED his crunchy coleslaw. My cheeseburger was great and the kids mac and cheese was better than most. Fries were nothing to write home about, kinda floppy and soggy. Hot dog, meh. The bad part was just the price. Everything a la carte and it definitely added up fast. It's vacation though, have to expect it to be on the pricy side I suppose.
Next morning we had the waffles (yum!), sausage gravy biscuit (also yum but the biscuit was an exact match for a pillsbury layers biscuit... hmm), and the 3-egg breakfast skillet (yum yum yum).
Wait staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the sundries section seemed well stocked and reasonably priced. Only negative was the price for some of the food; $10 sandwiches should at least come w chips IMO-- and $4 for soggy fries or a small dish of plain brown rice is too much. Added up those things came to almost $15 for us and we barely touched them. Wouldn't keep me from going back though, I'd just skip those items. Wish I'd tried the pot pie too..

2  Thank nikkinicole
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The title really says it all. Good coffee, good breakfast, good friendly service by people who plainly enjoy what they do. And what a beautiful spot!

2  Thank arkadina58