“Good Food, Good Service”

The Anvil Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere. Established in 1985, local produce featured in season. OPEN Wednesday - Saturday 11 am to 9 pm, bar and slots open later. OPEN Sunday for brunch 10 am. Will open for private parties of 40 or more on Monday or Tuesday. Private rooms available for groups small to 100 inside. Tented patio for special outdoor events up to 150
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to the Anvil early on a Friday night and had a good dinner with very good service. The Prime Rib was on special that night and it was excellent. My wife had a chicken dish that was OK, but not spectacular. We shared a lemon cake dessert that was very moist and delicious.
The service was very attentive and the atmosphere (in the back room) was quiet and perfect for conversation.

There are newer reviews for The Anvil Restaurant

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to fill the emptiness that was our bellies and we did that here. The $1 coors lights and the mashed potatoes were our favs! We sat here after our hike and thoroughly enjoyed a tasty meal. We sat in the pub section and enjoyed the hot fresh bread and our entrees. We recommend it!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My daughter hiked with me on the A.T. From Front Royal to Harpers Ferry, to celebrate Fathers Day and me making it to the "unofficial" half way point. We stayed in town and enjoyed the Anvil's special that night of a Prime Rib. Not the thickest cut I have ever had, but well worth the price. A salad and au gratin potatoes came with it. We shared a bottle of Venus & Mars cab. I might be a little bias here, but it was the best way to end a week of rain, bugs, long miles, soggy clothes and Mountain House meals! Plus Amber was a GREAT waitress!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Upon arrival we were offered to be seated in the dining room or on the sun porch--we chose the sun porch. Good choice. It was still light out, so we had a pleasant view of the gardens and pond. Our waitress was friendly and polite. We began with drinks from the bar then our meal. I was surprised that a green vegetable addition to my entree was $2.00 (considering prices) although they do include a small side salad with your dinner. Service time was just what i would expect for cooked-to-order entrees, it did not seem like a long wait to me. I had the chicken du jour, my husband had the strip steak. The food was delicious. My chicken was tender, decent size and hot, served with a generous side portion of pasta. My husbands steak was tender and tasty. We were not disappointed and were full by the end of the meal. I would definitely go to the Anvil again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My son and daughter in law took us the food was great and the staff very friendly will go again next time I am in harpers ferry