“Excellent Service & Food”
Review of Private Quinn's Pub - CLOSED

Private Quinn's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Somewhere
“Excellent Service & Food”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We ate here over the weekend of Nov 15-17. We've been to Harpers Ferry a few times but this is the first time we ever chose to eat at Private Quinn's pub. We didn't regret our decision! Where other restaurants in town are very slow, we found the service here excellent.
I was immediately struck by the lovable quirkiness of the inside. The building is very old and you can tell there have been additions, but I enjoyed that aspect. The bar was small, but fun so we sat there.
I got the crabcake pretzel roll sandwhich, and my husband ordered the chicken cordon bleu sandwhich. My crabcake sandwhich was awesome! It was a huge crabcake and well worth the $. While my husband's sandwhich was good, he was jealous of mine. ;) I also liked how you could choose your sides instead of lunch automatically coming with french fries. I choose coleslaw instead.
The bar tender was very personable and helpful. She couldn't serve us beers until 1pm (bc of WV laws) so we ended up coming back and buying a beer afterward. They had the local beer from Mountain State Brewery on tap and I went with the Pale Ale. I loved it!!! I also like when local businesses support each other.
Overall, this was a pleasant experience and we'll definitely come back!

• Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food in an interesting setting”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Giving this a VG rating because the burgers really were delicious. We sat outside (up top) which has a great view of the street scene and railroad. Service was speedy and attentive. Very good microbrewery. The inside of the restaurant/bar area seemed a bit dirty/downtrodden though so I was glad to sit outside.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Susan116
Nebo, Illinois
“Remarkable Burgers!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you only do one thing while visiting Harper’s Ferry, you have to stop by the Private Quinn's Pub and try one of their burgers. They also have an excellent selection of micro-brews too! Very close to Appalachian Trail and C&O Canal towpath. Great view, a real gem of a place.

• Visited April 2013
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Great ambience, food was worth $$”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Inn is an old home, not built for tall people. Food was good, our party was for 6, everyone seemed to enjoy! Service wasn't great and it wasn't busy. Markers and drawing paper for kids, beer on tap for adults.

Chandler, Arizona
“Fun place with good food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

There were six people in our party. Place wasn't very busy due to government shutdown, however we waited plenty. After getting our drinks and food the next time we saw staff was when I went looking for them to pay our bill.

Food was good and would be worth going back again.

• Visited October 2013